My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I found out I'm #1 on the R list at the dealership I ordered my Gen 3 from! I know things can change, but the guys over there have been honest with all of our dealings over the last four years. Hopefully this is no exception.

OP
OP
nealhoney

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I found out I'm #1 on the R list at the dealership I ordered my Gen 3 from! I know things can change, but the guys over there have been honest with all of our dealings over the last four years. Hopefully this is no exception.
Just curious if you paid MSRP for you Gen 3?

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. MSRP on a 35”. Dealership now giving me the option for msrp on a ‘22 37”. Trying to make up my mind. Either would be traded towards the R. The 35” is scheduled to go into production week of 10-25. If delivery of the 37” won’t be til mid to late 2022 then I think I’ll take the 35” and be happy until I can get my hands on a R.

OP
OP
nealhoney

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. MSRP on a 35”. Dealership now giving me the option for msrp on a ‘22 37”. Trying to make up my mind. Either would be traded towards the R. The 35” is scheduled to go into production week of 10-25. If delivery of the 37” won’t be til mid to late 2022 then I think I’ll take the 35” and be happy until I can get my hands on a R.
If for some reason you choose to get the 22' 37" Id be interested in your 35"! I ended up not going out of the country for work so I'm looking for a 21' at MSRP. I'm able to get a 22' at MSRP but id rather not wait that long.

OP
OP
nealhoney

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep a good relationship with them for the next 4 years. It might be that long before the R is available.

I just burned a bridge at the dealer I traded my truck into. I had a Transit 250 I was going to order through them and he was going to give me a "deal" on that. I inquired about possibly getting one of the Raptors they had available. He sent the invoice over for a white 801a and a black 801a and they were both 78k which was MSRP. I told him hell yeah I'll take whichever is coming in first. He sent the contracts for both and the Raptor had a 10k ADM and the Transit had $200 off lol. I emailed back that I traded in a truck they made 7k on, Im about to purchase a 78k truck, a 38k Transit, and I'd be trading the 21' Raptor for the R if/when it comes out. I even told him I'd pay any reasonable amount of ADM on the R because thats what I really want. They wouldn't budge. I took my 28k down payment from the trade and got the hell out of there.

I went right to the second dealer and ordered Transit 250 at a much better price. I told them Id like to get on a list for a standard 22' order if the R doesn't happen. They were happy to sell me a 22' at MSRP when the order banks open.

There are decent dealers out there...just few and far between.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you gave your dealership any money, you're floating them free money. There is no official word on the R. V8 production is getting harder and harder. Look at what Mercedes had to do. They are one of the worlds largest automakers and they had to push back their V8 production for the US for a whole year. I have a great relationship with my Ford Dealer. I have bought a lot of cars/trucks from them and the GM is one of the best. I got my 21' Raptor a month ago at MSRP because of our relationship. IF there was even a whisper about an R book opening he would of had my deposit locked in.

IMO, its coming but we are a wayzzzzz away. I am thinking MY 2023 at the earliest.