My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I traded my 2019 Raptor in and ordered a Gen 3 they told me I had up to 1 year to use the sale of that vehicle to them as “trade value”. I just inquired with them as to an R as well….no news yet.

this was in Indiana.
PA does the same thing.... I traded my 2020 in July and they will hold the tax credit for 1 year. I left the money in their escrow account, but could have received a check from them for the full amount.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my dealer committed and took a deposit for the first Raptor R they get for $10 k over sticker and would offer me the same thing for the second one they get.
would you guys jump on that?

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the rumors are true about the R getting the Ford GT type limited production, there will be very few available and will be astronomical in price. I know a guy with 2 Ford GT (2005 and 2017) and his car collection made a huge difference in him getting one. Should be interesting.
Dealers taking deposits on Rs are jumping the gun in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping it’s not too limited of production I’m third on the list at the only dealer I found a fair price at.
I do agree it seems way early for pre orders but if you want one get on the list as many dealers already have a pre order list. Once the truck actually gets released I bet all the pre orders are way backed up.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that the 'R' is a badly kept secret now and has plenty of rumors and easter eggs to substantiate its arrival BUT.... how is it legal or ethical for a dealership to take your money and promise you something that doesn't even exist yet. In that case I'll put down a deposit on a GT90 because my dealer said they can get one for me :rolleyes:

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get that the 'R' is a badly kept secret now and has plenty of rumors and easter eggs to substantiate its arrival BUT.... how is it legal or ethical for a dealership to take your money and promise you something that doesn't even exist yet. In that case I'll put down a deposit on a GT90 because my dealer said they can get one for me :rolleyes:
It's like "business ethics", it's an oxymoron. The dealers (especially salesman) will say anything to make a quick buck knowing full well that they have zero allocation for a 37" truck or an unconfirmed for price or even ETA Raptor R. Then they pull the rug out from under to ADM your vehicle or sell you something else that they can actually get their hands on.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no promises at all. I put a $1,000 non refundable deposit down and will get the third one they receive if and when they come out.
Whether we like it or not many dealers are taking pre orders on these.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no promises at all. I put a $1,000 non refundable deposit down and will get the third one they receive if and when they come out.
Whether we like it or not many dealers are taking pre orders on these.
I would be shocked if outside of maybe 2-3 dealers nationwide, any dealer received more than one R allocation and I bet the vast majority of dealers don't receive one.
Non-refundable deposit on any car is silly.