My journey to Raptor R ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had doubts the gen 3 was going to be powerboost but now gas prices at $2 a litre in Canada and $5 a gallon in usa (thanks to the idiot brandon) its just matter of time they will hybrid everything they can. Or americans wake up and vote this fool out of white house and say yes to keystone XL pipeline.

14 tuxblack raptor

Reaction score
Ford won’t have any answers for a TRX.
In my opinion there isn't really a need for an answer. Obviously my own opinion and biased and relative at that, the TRX is basically its own AWD category. Don't get me wrong, I have driven one and they are awesome to drive, if I had the extra cash I would no doubt own one for a daily and stomp on everyone's d*ck's 24/7 lol, but in the end, that's all its really good for. What made the raptor what it is was its capability off-road, was being able to buy a truck off the lot and be happy taking it across the border and trusting you'll get back home. The raptor created an off-road community behind it and ultimately created a high speed off-road truck your average person could own and use. With what trucks are turning into, its getting away from that. Simply are not going to see people spending close to $100k then going and actually using the truck off-road, which I don't blame them (other than the few guys out there that are). I wouldn't want the interior of my TRX or Gen 3 completely covered in dust, I wouldn't let my dogs in them, and I'd be worried about every scratch. It's simply defeating the purpose of buying an off-road stock truck from a dealer.

Everyone is going to have their own relative reasons and which they by all right are entitled to and justified to have. It basically will always be a never ending comparison of relative reasons between each individuals ownership needs. In the end it's all up to whoever is spending their money and how they want to spend it. I think its hard to beat a Gen 1 for overall fun to drive and primarily use off-road. Less electronics=more fun, and more $$ left to increase wheel travel.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford has stated there will be an R. It is happening. Now… when they announced the R at the Feb 2021 gen 3 reveal, they said it would come in 22… but also said it was off-road only. Ford recently said via ford marketing that it was going to be able to be ordered this fall. Knowing everything, I got out of the raptor r market no it was not street legal, and pricing was going to be in cobra jet territory. Ford won’t have any answers for a TRX.

Attachments

• 6f5e60011a251e264008c305f5548e31550eac6e821ac7a5fe5b9d7efc4af077.jpg
    6f5e60011a251e264008c305f5548e31550eac6e821ac7a5fe5b9d7efc4af077.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
nealhoney

nealhoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m reviving this thread from the dead…

I finally got my Raptor R!

If you look back at my first post the “2nd dealer” came through for me! It took over two years and I got their second allocation. The first was a 23’ and the second was this 24’.

I paid about 5k over MSRP (it was 118,00 after deliver and mark up) I couldn’t believe it was happening until after I was driving away with it. The things a beast! I’ll post more pics later.

IMG_8668.jpeg

Arizona Free

Reaction score
I had doubts the gen 3 was going to be powerboost but now gas prices at $2 a litre in Canada and $5 a gallon in usa (thanks to the idiot brandon) its just matter of time they will hybrid everything they can. Or americans wake up and vote this fool out of white house and say yes to keystone XL pipeline.
Amen brother. Amen.