My Issues Post Cam Phaser Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffirgriff

Reaction score
Yes I’ve always done the majority of the work on my vehicles but those were of the 2001 and 2002 variety. Things sure have changed in 20 years lol. No way I would attempt a phaser job. Hell, I’m not even sure I have the ability to do spark plugs on this thing . The engines these days are tucked so far back it’s hard to access those rear cylinders.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I’ve always done the majority of the work on my vehicles but those were of the 2001 and 2002 variety. Things sure have changed in 20 years lol. No way I would attempt a phaser job. Hell, I’m not even sure I have the ability to do spark plugs on this thing . The engines these days are tucked so far back it’s hard to access those rear cylinders.
Actually....The plugs and coils on these can be done in about 20 minutes...No kidding. Easiest I have ever seen.

Just FYI

DC

Edit: Thought a Picture may help :)
Plugs-Coils.jpg

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually....The plugs and coils on these can be done in about 20 minutes...No kidding. Easiest I have ever seen.

Just FYI

DC

Edit: Thought a Picture may help :)
View attachment 343288
What size socket was it again? I took the cover off to see that the plug is deep and will require a pug socket with the rubber, to pull out the old one. So I need to buy one to do my plug replacement.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size socket was it again? I took the cover off to see that the plug is deep and will require a pug socket with the rubber, to pull out the old one. So I need to buy one to do my plug replacement.
Should be 8 MM for the coil packs, and 5/8 INCH deep socket for the spark plugs. You can also use one of those magnetic fishing/extension tools to get them out.

DC

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be 8 MM for the coil packs, and 5/8 INCH deep socket for the spark plugs. You can also use one of those magnetic fishing/extension tools to get them out.

DC
Thanks. Got the socket on the way home and got my plugs changed. They look pretty good for 113k! I’m embarrass as I normally go 60k on a set. My truck, (besides phaser rattle) has been flawless as the tires, brakes and oil is the only thing that has been changed. I am on the lookout for a CO 37 so I’m not sure if I will change all the other fluids. But if I did, I would take it to 200k!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 12

mymichi81

Reaction score
I just bought a 2022 Wildtrack and it makes a similar noise. I have a warranty and i am hoping that it can be easily fixed.