Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

My go-to interior cleaning products aren't cutting it. What you got?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Forum [GEN 2]' started by DINOZR, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor Full Access Member

^ This. Chemical guys interior cleaner smells great and works well to grab all the dirt and dust. I use the Meguire's 3in1 leather conditioner/cleaner which seems to do a great job at keeping the leather looking like new.

2. Ducc

Ducc Full Access Member

Adam's and Griots Garage here. Griots leather cleaner/conditioner is awesome. Truck still smells brand new 8 months later. I’m surprised they don’t get more love around here.

Mike O likes this.
  3. jeanco

jeanco Full Access Member

agree,Griots.
    they have a great shop in Tacoma with a cleaning school!
    and Tacoma have a great car museum!

4. Mike O

Mike O Full Access Member

I really like this cleaning/conditioning kit. Neutral Ph, UV protection, new car smell, yada yada yada...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NDM6MZT/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I really like the Griots spay on car-wash. I use it once or twice between thorough washes. It works great and adds a little protection (very minimal, but at least something). You get about 4 cleanings per bottle and takes about 15 minutes each time. It really keeps my truck looking sharp at all times.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5CVLTS/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I suggest reading the reviews if you end up opening the links.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  5. DINOZR

DINOZR Full Access Member

I recently applied the following to 100% of the leather surfaces in the truck:
    1. Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner, cleaned with horsehair brush
    2. Chemical Guys Leather Conditioner. Applied and then let sit overnight. Came back the next day and hit the spots that I missed or looked like they could use another application.
    3. Chemical Guys Leather Protectant Serum. I used a thin coat of this as I didn't want to mess with the excellent smell and feel left by step #2. After applying and let it penetrate for a few minutes, I wiped dry with the same rag I used for step 1, but I applied no additional cleaner. This seemed to give the leather a clean feel again, and it maintained the luster gained from the conditioner.

So it turns out that my brand new truck's leather interior was in rough shape. I bought it new as a 2019 two months ago, so I'm guessing it has sat for 9+ months on the dealer's lot, just soaking up sun and never getting cleaned (it only had 100 miles on it when I purchased). So the leather was dry. Very dry. It would soak up almost an oils from my fingertips. That's why I mentioned a sweat stain on the headrest. Any moisture and the leather soaked it up. Well the Chemical Guys products restored it to what it should be. Now the leather has a deep, soft sheen. It feels soft and smells great. Now when I get in my butt actually slides across the leather seat like it should. Previously, I could feel a lot of friction when scooting into place. I'm thrilled with these Chemical Guys products.

6. ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss Full Access Member

I use Adams Polishes. My truck is 3 years old, 24k miles and customers say my truck still smells new. I also bring my dog to work with me everyday.

7. bigsarge

bigsarge Member

I like Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner. I have used Zaino also and it is very good too and leaves a nice new leather smell. I haven't used Adams or Griots but I hear those are very good too.

8. freedomchariot

freedomchariot Member

I would recommend the griots 3-1 leather. There is also an interior cleaner and detailer. Super easy to use and the results show right away. Only interior products I use on My raptor.

2A836732-8115-4D34-A9D3-BDCE52548B01.jpeg

DINOZR likes this.