My Gen2 has a road pothole sensor, does yours too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdkturbo

Reaction score
This is my first post here (and not in my first language) so please be patient with me.
I bought a 2019 Gen2 in the beautiful state of Texas from the worst dealer (Maxwell Ford) and unfortunately the truck came with multiple issues. I was visiting relatives in the Austin area when I saw my exact dream truck for sale: a blue 2019 Raptor 802a - not cheap, but it looked good, Carfax clean, and was a “Blue Certified” car with a “detailed inspection on 139 points”, what can go wrong? so after a mini test drive I did the paperwork and drove it to Florida.
As soon as I hit the road I noticed a lot of play in the steering wheel (approximately 1 inch to each side) that didn't let me enjoy the ride. I also noticed something very strange: the windshield wipers, in its automatic position, should work when the sensor detects water, but not mine: when it rains it doesn't turn on, but if I hit a small hole on the road, or a speed bump, there it sweeps (even on small bumps on dry days).
When I got home and read the errors on the computer, it was full of codes... incredible that an official dealer delivers such a car!!!
The vehicle came with "3/4 FBA Blue used premiumcare warranty" for 3 months or 4,000 miles so I took it to a POS dealer (Ford Midway in Miami), after two weeks they fixed the steering wheel play, but they said the windshield wipers work well(?) so i left that horrible place as soon as i could. The windshield wipers still won't work, the steering wheel feels fine, but the car still shows some error codes, so thanks to @JAWSRaptor advice I took it to Kendall Ford... wish me luck!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Maxwell Ford, where dreams go to die. My '18 is currently in service there for week and a half, can't get hold of the service writer. Been waiting on parts. It was previously there for 10 days waiting on same parts, rental coverage ran out so they said keep driving it, we'll let you know when parts come in. That was 1.5 weeks ago. lol. 20 days.

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speak to Greg, the service advisor at Ford of Kendall... he has taken care of others and myself and is very straight forward, knowledgable and honest. Let him know Kevin sent you. I had very bad experiences with Middway Ford. Quick story: Took my gen 2 there for a bed light to be fixed. They returned it with the light working, but broken shattered the housing in two places and left it dangling in place. i complained. then they fix it again and return it with two different bed lights on either side. i complain again, then they finally got it right the third time after getting the manager involved. The only good part of that dealer is Evan at the Parts counter. The dude is VERY knowledgable and always willing to help!! I think down in south florida, Ford of Kendall is the only way to go if you give a s*** about your car.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Man I feel the pain here. There’s a lot of ****** dealerships out there. Some really good ones too. I’m in a pickle with a certain Volvo dealership regarding my wife’s brand new xc40. We will probably end up driving to a different location too. Hope it works out for ya. You bought a great truck, sometimes shit happens and it isn’t addressed properly or it’s ignored. There’s a lot of great advice around this forum. You will be running right in no time.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry you are having these issues. Hope you get them worked out.

that said, those 139, or whatever number, point inspections are pure BS at every stealer. The mechanic doesn’t even do a 1 point inspection of his nutsac. anyone think he’s going to check 139 things?