My Gen 2 story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call to keep the gen 2. I’m same boat, purchased new sept of ‘20. Only problem was IWE in the first 12 miles of driving but since then no issues in 22,500 miles of driving. Been offered more than the 73k purchase price but I’m not parting with it. I hear of others having issues and mine has none so I’m sticking with it. Still feel lucky to be driving this beauty every time I get in it.

Chris retired grunt

Reaction score
Good call to keep the gen 2. I’m same boat, purchased new sept of ‘20. Only problem was IWE in the first 12 miles of driving but since then no issues in 22,500 miles of driving. Been offered more than the 73k purchase price but I’m not parting with it. I hear of others having issues and mine has none so I’m sticking with it. Still feel lucky to be driving this beauty every time I get in it.
Same for me 2018 screw 51,000 smiles

NorCalSteve

Reaction score
Agreed. The Gen 2 does look better, from just about all angles. Unfortunately, for those of us that do a lot of miles, the mythical 100k miles barrier is fast approaching. I will settle for worse looks but somewhat better performance. Waiting on a 22 now, but will happily keep on with the Gen 2 til the day comes. If it ever does...
Curious about the 100k comment. Are you more worried about resale value or do you feel vehicles have reliability issues and feel worn at that point. In my dad’s day 100k and vehicles were done but I’m starting to think maybe 150k is the “new” 100k. At least I hope so cause I already have 33,000 on my 2020

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Curious about the 100k comment. Are you more worried about resale value or do you feel vehicles have reliability issues and feel worn at that point. In my dad’s day 100k and vehicles were done but I’m starting to think maybe 150k is the “new” 100k. At least I hope so cause I already have 33,000 on my 2020

Purely resale concern. I have 125k mile warranty.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOU Made the right move!!! at 15k over screw them.. enjoy the truck!!! Same dam engines on the gen 3.. I am one of the few who likes the GEN 3 exterier better than GEN 2 but not by that much!!! I wish i could UPGRADE my GEN 2 interior to look like a gen 3 for 5k i would do it!! love the interior

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15k in mods for the gen 2 would make it a beast and better than the gen 3.

GoDucks

Reaction score
15k in mods for the gen 2 would make it a beast and better than the gen 3.
True but nothing we can do to upgrade our screen and infotainment center. I don't trust the Phoenix or Linkswell stereo. Wish a named brand like Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer would make a cool stereo replacement that has a 10' screen.