My Gen 2 story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dprdmd

Reaction score
I bought a 2020 SCREW Magnetic in June 2021 with 15,000 on the odometer. I love it. I took it in for service to my local dealer in October and they had a Gen 3 code orange on the showroom floor. (It was selling for $15k over sticker) I got so excited about it that I spent hours working on a crazy deal. I was going to trade my wife's Navigator on an Expedition and trade my Gen 2 for the Gen 3. That way one payment would go up and the other down and overall my monthly payments would stay the same (no, she didn't mind). They worked out of al of the numbers and when it was time to do the deal I backed out. After spending a large part of my day on this and after getting in my Gen 2 to drive home and get the Navigator I realized a few things.
1. I actually prefer the looks of the Gen 2 over the Gen 3
2. Yes, the interior is nicer, but that does not justify 15 k over sticker price
3. I have 25,000 miles on my current Raptor with no problems yet. So far it's a good one. I have read some unfortunate stories on these boards with new Gen 3's4480ec44-f904-4350-95d4-d13a16c6bd92.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Agreed. The Gen 2 does look better, from just about all angles. Unfortunately, for those of us that do a lot of miles, the mythical 100k miles barrier is fast approaching. I will settle for worse looks but somewhat better performance. Waiting on a 22 now, but will happily keep on with the Gen 2 til the day comes. If it ever does...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was going to trade my wife's Navigator on an Expedition and trade my Gen 2 for the Gen 3.
You have sinned.

That way one payment would go up and the other down and overall my monthly payments would stay the same (no, she didn't mind).
Your sin is great, penance is required.
They worked out of al of the numbers and when it was time to do the deal I backed out.
backing out of the Jen Tres deal is not enough. You will need more mods for your Jen Too. I notice you only have bumper lights.

Go forth to a FRF supporting vendor and spend voraciously on your beloved Jen Too. Beseech her for forgiveness while showering her with new mods.
Only then will you know true peace.

OP
OP
D

dprdmd

Reaction score
You have sinned.

Your sin is great, penance is required.

backing out of the Jen Tres deal is not enough. You will need more mods for your Jen Too. I notice you only have bumper lights.

Go forth to a FRF supporting vendor and spend voraciously on your beloved Jen Too. Beseech her for forgiveness while showering her with new mods.
Only then will you know true peace.
Forgive me. I have sinned greatly. My penance will begin tomorrow!

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough call. That Code Orange has been calling my name…but the extra 15k would have come back to hunt me if I had spent it too.
If we were in the same boat (I have 108k on my 18) I would keep the 20 as well. Now a code orange 37 package might have been a different story. (I like the blue Ricardos)

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will know when it’s time to move on op. You were forcing a bad hand and wised up. Gen 3’s will only get better with time and you have a good one now so enjoy your good known quantity truck (it’s a beauty) and smile on your way to the bank .

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2020 SCREW Magnetic in June 2021 with 15,000 on the odometer. I love it. I took it in for service to my local dealer in October and they had a Gen 3 code orange on the showroom floor. (It was selling for $15k over sticker) I got so excited about it that I spent hours working on a crazy deal. I was going to trade my wife's Navigator on an Expedition and trade my Gen 2 for the Gen 3. That way one payment would go up and the other down and overall my monthly payments would stay the same (no, she didn't mind). They worked out of al of the numbers and when it was time to do the deal I backed out. After spending a large part of my day on this and after getting in my Gen 2 to drive home and get the Navigator I realized a few things.
1. I actually prefer the looks of the Gen 2 over the Gen 3
2. Yes, the interior is nicer, but that does not justify 15 k over sticker price
3. I have 25,000 miles on my current Raptor with no problems yet. So far it's a good one. I have read some unfortunate stories on these boards with new Gen 3'sView attachment 336567

You made the right decision. NO VEHICLE is worth ADM of any kind. Remember 2016-2017 when the Gen. 2 first came out and everybody had to have one and then by mid 2019 new raptors where selling for $ 6000.00 under sticker. Feel sorry for the idiots that paid ADM in 2017-2018. Same thing will happen with the Gen. 3, except for the raptor R. Let the idiots pay ADM now and all the YouTube losers.