My Gen 2 and Gen 3 on same hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bekari

Reaction score
So this hill is where I usually test my vehicles suspension.

Gen 2 in video is modified it has Icon 3.0 shocks, Alcon breaks, Icon control arms, Deavers +3, 37x13.5 tires, Borla Atak exhaust and so on.
Gen 3 is fully stock 37pp.

Gen2 has 2.5 inch more clearance.

In both cases tire pressure was 37 front, 34 back.

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id take that stock gen 3 all day. handled that perfectly fine

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
id take that stock gen 3 all day. handled that perfectly fine
Not me the Gen2 has a better setup for what he was doing . He was running full tire pressure as well. The Gen3 had trouble hooking up even with more travel and coil rear…

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not me the Gen2 has a better setup for what he was doing . He was running full tire pressure as well. The Gen3 had trouble hooking up even with more travel and coil rear…

Fair enough. I wanna see the gen 3 do it again after he throws the same lift and setup on it.... poking to instigate mods.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. I wanna see the gen 3 do it again after he throws the same lift and setup on it.... poking to instigate mods.
I mean coils will always articulate and hook up better, but the way his rear flexed with leafs… i mean i was impressed. Had he aired down, it wouldn't even have spun tire. That being said , a massively long pickup is going to have complete ahit breakover so plan your line accordingly and work angles.

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love seeing them suspensions work! That Gen 2 looks great, thanks for sharing!