GEN 2 My Front License Plate Bracket Solution...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of there though, I was thinking of using something like shirt-stays to create mounted elastic straps so I could put it on the passenger side sunvisor - flip down to display when necessary. Thoughts anyone?

The wording in VA (and I'm sure CA is similar) is that it must be attached to the front of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle is not the front. In VA they will happily accept your donation to the county coffers if you park publicly without a front plate or one in the windshield. Pulled over just for that...unlikely...but it does give the police a great reason to pull you over if you are borderline speeding or whatever so why risk it?

A quick google shows plenty of people getting tickets for plates inside the windshield in CA. Likelihood of getting ticketed for it will depend on what part of the state wants to enforce it. How is having a plate blocking part of your windshield all the time better than mounting a front plate and being done with it? I personally cannot see my front plate while driving with it mounted on the front bumper...

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wording in VA (and I'm sure CA is similar) is that it must be attached to the front of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle is not the front. In VA they will happily accept your donation to the county coffers if you park publicly without a front plate or one in the windshield. Pulled over just for that...unlikely...but it does give the police a great reason to pull you over if you are borderline speeding or whatever so why risk it?

A quick google shows plenty of people getting tickets for plates inside the windshield in CA. Likelihood of getting ticketed for it will depend on what part of the state wants to enforce it. How is having a plate blocking part of your windshield all the time better than mounting a front plate and being done with it? I personally cannot see my front plate while driving with it mounted on the front bumper...

With it strapped to the outward facing part of the passenger side visor; it wouldn't be obstructing the view any more than would otherwise be intended through the use of the visor. BUT, like I said - maybe my local LE just doesn't care. I was simply noting my experience, not quoting local or state statutes. Assuming that there is similar and/or identical verbage betrween the two states though, thank you for the info.

I think we are all in agreement however when it comes to probable cause vehicle laws (seat belt, tint, front license plate) - they're all BS.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you too.
On a side note, have you found any good places for offroading?
We did some sand around New Egypt last weekend.

When I ad my Jeep I had gone to several off road trails in NJ that are way to narrow for a Raptor. Check out my earlier posts on places to go off road in NJ and PA. Tread Lightly is a organization that is dedicated to saving off road trails for people to enjoy.

It seems like the Jeep clubs know of the best places to go, check out https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ and there`s a bunch of places listed and they are not only for Jeeps, they open their arms to any off roader

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have adaptive cruise control so I run mine on the driver side like on the 1st gen Ecoboost F150s.

SAM_0712.JPG

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very dangerous inside car
accident :you can be decapitated!!!

OP
OP
2020Raptor

2020Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I ad my Jeep I had gone to several off road trails in NJ that are way to narrow for a Raptor. Check out my earlier posts on places to go off road in NJ and PA. Tread Lightly is a organization that is dedicated to saving off road trails for people to enjoy.

It seems like the Jeep clubs know of the best places to go, check out https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ and there`s a bunch of places listed and they are not only for Jeeps, they open their arms to any off roader

Thanks, I will check it all out.
As you noted, the Raptor is W I D E and requires wide trails.