My Ford Touch Sync Update Gen2-V3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgmshipp

Reaction score
Yep! Called Ford Monday and supposedly there is a problem with the site. Guy said someone will contact me before the end of the week. I PMd Shaay, he may be trying to get us a resolution. I hope it gets solved soon.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, MyFord Touch. Sorry, I understand what you were asking now...

Your issue is different than the concerns of the basic system. Apple's default program to unzip the file (usually Archive Utility) is not extracting properly. Download the update again. This time, right click the zip file and choose OPEN WITH STUFFLT EXPANDER. You can also try a third party app.

Let me know how this goes.

Shaay,
similar or Same issue here as SgmShipp - make me think it's the website.

I Hit download and screen flashes through some updates very quickly and then back to download screen.

Have tried from windows 10 and windows 7 enterprise.
Used explorer, chrome, and firefox.

Flashing by quickly, it reads "System Error: This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact us" - see attached jpg. Of course, it's only up there for a millisecond and I had to use screen capture software to see it, so no chance of clicking that contact link.

It's been several days that it's been saying this and I'm not sure if its me or if the website is broken. Can you respond for both of us if website is working?

Thank you

My truck:
2011 for sync basic -
2 line display - no navigation or my touch.
Current SYNC version:
Date Confirmed:Jun 29, 2011
Version:Gen1 - V3.2.2

Hey exparrotnj,

Send the VIN in a PM. I'll get this escalated to my support team.

Yep! Called Ford Monday and supposedly there is a problem with the site. Guy said someone will contact me before the end of the week. I PMd Shaay, he may be trying to get us a resolution. I hope it gets solved soon.

I responded to your other PM. Check it out. :)

Shaay

My Schnell

Reaction score
Your issue is different than the concerns of the basic system. Apple's default program to unzip the file (usually Archive Utility) is not extracting properly. Download the update again. This time, right click the zip file and choose OPEN WITH STUFFLT EXPANDER. You can also try a third party app.

Let me know how this goes.
Shaay

Shay, Thanks for the info! Worked perfectly after downloading the Stufflt Expander App.

It's funny, I cannot stop my Macs from auto unzipping with the default. I had to go into the recycle folder and find the original downloaded .zip file and use the app.

It's updated and reported to Ford.

Thanks again for the help!!

Denny

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to install a SYNC 2 (german version of MyFord Touch) in my Raptor. @FordIVTteam what do I have to do? I know that I need the "german PCU" unit etc. But what I have heared is that I the "SYNC" also need the VIN of the car, so how do i put it to "SYNC" ?

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roger that, sent you the information. Thanks.

Perfect!

Shay, Thanks for the info! Worked perfectly after downloading the Stufflt Expander App.

It's funny, I cannot stop my Macs from auto unzipping with the default. I had to go into the recycle folder and find the original downloaded .zip file and use the app.

It's updated and reported to Ford.

Thanks again for the help!!

Denny

You're welcome, Denny! Glad everything went well. :)

Try to install a SYNC 2 (german version of MyFord Touch) in my Raptor. @FordIVTteam what do I have to do? I know that I need the "german PCU" unit etc. But what I have heared is that I the "SYNC" also need the VIN of the car, so how do i put it to "SYNC" ?

nbg-mustang,

I'm not too sure on that. I'm unable able offer assistance for DIY modifications.

Shaay

Sgmshipp

Reaction score
Got it downloaded, unzipped, after running a vehicle health report. Followed instructions to update to my truck, and when I get to USB section it says there are no media files and kicks back out. I'm about done trying to download this update; why is this so difficult?

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread...Just checked my SYNC installation after reading this thread and found that I have version 3.5. Was told by Ford that v3.10 was the latest version available for my truck (by VIN) available and downloaded the update, which indicated it was v3.10. File was EA5T-14D544-BA. Unpackaged it on the jump drive and attempted the update. Update failed, as it did when I tried to update my wife's 2014 Fusion. Error message about the jump drive being defective, after it had progressed a good bit into the update.

I deleted all of the extraneous files jump drive files (as someone here had discovered - thanks!) and only left the SyncMyRide folder, the autoinstall.lst, and DONTINDX.MSA items - and retried the update. Went flawlessly, ran about 30 minutes, and still have my Raptor splash screen. It DID say that I had successfully updated to v3.7 before one of the reboots - need to confirm and see what the discrepancy is between the v3.10 which was supposed to be what I downloaded, and the actually installed version.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, it sounds to me like the system needed to be at 3.7 before it could be patched to 3.10.

[soapbox]
I just wish software people would do their versioning the mathematical way not the millenial way. If version 3.7 is actually newer than 3.1 (obviously) , so who claims 3.10 is newer than either? Should be 3.01 to 3.07 to 3.10.
[/soapbox]

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, it sounds to me like the system needed to be at 3.7 before it could be patched to 3.10.

[soapbox]
I just wish software people would do their versioning the mathematical way not the millenial way. If version 3.7 is actually newer than 3.1 (obviously) , so who claims 3.10 is newer than either? Should be 3.01 to 3.07 to 3.10.
[/soapbox]

Agree! Mathematically 3.5 > 3.10...but unfortunately that's not how they use their designations. Patch shows up as v3.10 on the Ford Owner site after I uploaded the *.xml file for verification. The update claims that it does contain all of the intermediate updates, so that makes sense.

Immediately noticed changes at this point - song, artist info now shows up; talk radio information shows up. Touchscreen and other functions are quicker and more responsive.

Last edited: