My Ford Touch Sync Update Gen2-V3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My Schnell

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having issues downloading the update file. I am using Safari and have also used Chrome browsers. The .zip file is there and when I open it there are several files loaded in there, including 9 additional .zip files. I move all the files onto the USB and insert the USB into my 2014 Raptor. The unit starts the download but then says bad file. This is on my MacBook Pro and my iMac, I've tried both.

Any ideas on why this is not correct?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you are downloading it onto your mac is OSX uncompressing it by default? I know I have had issues updating devices before due to osx liking to uncompress the file itself when the device is looking for the compressed file

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am having issues downloading the update file. I am using Safari and have also used Chrome browsers. The .zip file is there and when I open it there are several files loaded in there, including 9 additional .zip files. I move all the files onto the USB and insert the USB into my 2014 Raptor. The unit starts the download but then says bad file. This is on my MacBook Pro and my iMac, I've tried both.

Any ideas on why this is not correct?

Hi My Schnell,

Are you downloading the update for the MyFord Touch as well? Let me know, and I'll assist.

Shaay

My Schnell

Reaction score
I am only downloading what is on the Ford update website. Have not seen any other update...

Seems like my Mac is auto decompressing, but the file was compressed when I used Chrome and it un-zipped when I double clicked on it.

john.rubicon.54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the most recent update make the system a little faster? Not too worried about the nav but switching from climate to entertainment is very slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am only downloading what is on the Ford update website. Have not seen any other update...

Seems like my Mac is auto decompressing, but the file was compressed when I used Chrome and it un-zipped when I double clicked on it.

My Schnell,

The MyFord Touch would be the type of SYNC system you have. Is that your system: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html?model I want to make sure I know the update you're downloading before I offer assistance. Don't want to give out incorrect information.

Shaay

My Schnell

Reaction score
My Schnell,

The MyFord Touch would be the type of SYNC system you have. Is that your system? I want to make sure I know the update you're downloading before I offer assistance. Don't want to give out incorrect information.

Shaay

Yes, MyFord Touch. Sorry, I understand what you were asking now...

Sgmshipp

Reaction score
Shaay, I have created an owners account, got a 4G USB and can't get the update off the website. What might I be doing wrong? I followed the instructions on "Sync Software Updates" how to download page. Is there a version of WIndows I gotta have or something?

exparrotnj

Reaction score
Shaay,
similar or Same issue here as SgmShipp - make me think it's the website.

I Hit download and screen flashes through some updates very quickly and then back to download screen.

Have tried from windows 10 and windows 7 enterprise.
Used explorer, chrome, and firefox.

Flashing by quickly, it reads "System Error: This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or contact us" - see attached jpg. Of course, it's only up there for a millisecond and I had to use screen capture software to see it, so no chance of clicking that contact link.

It's been several days that it's been saying this and I'm not sure if its me or if the website is broken. Can you respond for both of us if website is working?

Thank you

My truck:
2011 for sync basic -
2 line display - no navigation or my touch.
Current SYNC version:
Date Confirmed:Jun 29, 2011
Version:Gen1 - V3.2.2

Attachments

• ford sync capture.jpg
    ford sync capture.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 188