My Ford Touch for 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Not a fan. The screen seemed very picky on where you touch. Had to push several times to get something to open. And the "no button" controls suck. Just leaves more shiny plastic to leave fingerprints on.

LD50

Reaction score
I got the same flyer in the mail. It does look like there will be some differences starting in the F series. I think they're planning on adding some of the buttons and knobs to the system that are missing from the other vehicles. My wife's vehicle has MFT and there are some things that I like about it, but for a truck I do like the sync system we currently have a little better. It's not as slick but it's more functional. Hers is in an Edge. It has MFT and 2 productivity screens in the dash, similar to the one in our trucks. The one on the left has similar options to ours and the one one the right is a simplified version of most of what is on MFT. I've noticed when driving the Edge that even with the screen on the right and the fact that it's controlled from the steering wheel, I still spend a lot more time looking at it to figure out what I'm doing that I do when I'm in my truck.

Who knows, maybe the revision of MFT in the F series will be the best of both worlds. Ford has been under a lot of pressure to get the bugs and the complication issues ironed out of MFT. From everything I've heard its the biggest factor over the entire line that is dragging down some of their consumer ratings.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really prefer the FUNCTIONALITY of the system we have now because it works 100% of the time. Regarding MFT, I think that it's too much for the tiny little CPU and GPU inside the guts of the system. It's a grand idea, but being FORCED to use the screen to direct tune or whatever to what you want/need blows. I love turning the knob and blasting through SIRIUS stations and not having to push the arrow one-by-one all damn day or pressing a button while driving.

Geauxfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Information below shows F-150 to be equipped with MFT. It says there are 2 configurable 4.2" displays in cluster. Does the Raptor only have one? And there will be another one added?

I provided the link at bottom of post.

SYNC + MyFordTouch / MyLincolnTouch (2 - configurable 4.2" color LCD displays in cluster and 8" color touch screen in IP center stack)
V1 Phone & Media No Charges, free for life of vehicle
V2 V1 + 911 Assist + Vehicle Health Report (VHR) No Charges, free for life of vehicle
V3 V2 + Traffic, Directions & Services [TDI or SYNC Services ]
Complimentary three year prepaid subscription (one phone/primary account).
Subscription charges do apply beginning year 4 *.

Model Country
C-Max USA
Edge USA
Escape USA
Explorer USA
Flex USA
Focus USA
F-Series USA
F-Series SuperDuty USA
Fusion USA
MKS USA
MKT USA
MKX USA
MKZ USA
Taurus USA

( * ) - SYNC Services annual subscription fee $60 Ford vehicles, $199 Lincoln vehicles

http://www.donlen.com/pdf/2013MY-SYNC-Info.pdf

Last edited:

LD50

Reaction score
If they do it like other MFT vehicles, they'll just about have to get rid of the tach in the gauge cluster to make room. The tach gets relegated to a near useless electronic function on the left side lcd screen which would be the screen which is similar to what's in our trucks now. The speedo gets placed dead center in the the cluster and the lcd on the right is a steering wheel controlled version of the most used functions of mft (nav, climate, entertainment, and phone).