GEN 2 My first trip pulling my travel trailer with my 2019 SCAB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What weight equalizer did you get? Is it the 1000/10,000lb or the 600/6,000lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, there wasn't. Scabs have a 26 gallon tank, period.
Didn't know this. One of my favorite features on my '18 SCREW is the 36 gallon tank.....well I like it except when I'm filling it up lol, which thanks to the capacity isn't nearly as often as I had to in previous trucks.

Strange that the SCAB has such a reduced tow rating (not sure if payload is lower) given that everything else is the same, & they should have MORE room for towing/payload w/ lower weight including fuel weight when fully laden.....strange.

The OP's truck was towing at or maybe exceeding the 6000 lb rating w/ all the gear.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange that the SCAB has such a reduced tow rating (not sure if payload is lower) given that everything else is the same, & they should have MORE room for towing/payload w/ lower weight including fuel weight when fully laden.....strange.

This never made any since to me either.
I always used GCWR when towing.
Ford's Published Numbers.

Super Cab Raptor wt. 5,525 lbs.
SuperCrew Raptor wt. 5,697 lbs.
GCWR Both models 12,000 lbs.

Maximum Conventional Towing Capabilities

Super Cab Raptor wt. 6,000 lbs. => GCW 11,525 lbs.
SuperCrew Raptor wt. 8,000 lbs. => GCW 13,697 lbs.

IMO, Brakes are the limiting factor

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This never made any since to me either.
I always used GCWR when towing.
Ford's Published Numbers.

Super Cab Raptor wt. 5,525 lbs.
SuperCrew Raptor wt. 5,697 lbs.
GCWR Both models 12,000 lbs.

Maximum Conventional Towing Capabilities

Super Cab Raptor wt. 6,000 lbs. => GCW 11,525 lbs.
SuperCrew Raptor wt. 8,000 lbs. => GCW 13,697 lbs.

IMO, Brakes are the limiting factor

The brakes are different on a SCREW vs SCAB?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Eventually we'll be getting a trailer about that size and it is nice to know my 17 SCAB won't have a problem. Not that I was really concerned, but people tend to exaggerate things...

Also, for those wondering why the SCAB is rated lower than the SCREW, it has to do with wheelbase. A longer wheelbase allows for a better tow/haul rating, because of the force distribution.

Essentially, a trailer load acts as torque against the weight of the truck, centered on the hitch as a lever point. The SCREW is longer and heavier, therefore has more counter-torque, allowing it to tow more. Load for load, the longer wheelbase of the SCREW allows for better distribution of forces, meaning less rear sag and less liftoff in the front of the truck.

Last edited: