My First Raptor 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbrew

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 supercharged raptor. Mistake #1 don’t take a private sellers word that is mechanically perfect. Got delivered and could hear the rod knock. Thought it might be a stretched timing chain due to low compression on one side. Test drive and engine seizure!! Ugh seller leaving me out to dry so a new crate motor later and I’m on the road. So upside down now I need to drive this for 10 years .....

31AFDB19-53E9-49EF-8DBF-12A2199CF7C5.jpeg

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, looks great! I feel for you, but glad it turned out great.

Rapt-up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Nice looking truck but sorry you got screwed over by the seller. Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you just go with a stock 6.2? What happened to all the supercharger parts?

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a 2011 supercharged raptor. Mistake #1 don’t take a private sellers word that is mechanically perfect. Got delivered and could hear the rod knock. Thought it might be a stretched timing chain due to low compression on one side. Test drive and engine seizure!! Ugh seller leaving me out to dry so a new crate motor later and I’m on the road. So upside down now I need to drive this for 10 years .....

View attachment 122285
That really SUCKS big time....I know its water under the bridge now,but why wouldnt you have had it checked out by a Mechanic? I bought my 2014 sight unseen,(other than owners photos)..and DIDNT test drive it....paid for it and it arrived on Transporter 2 weeks later...I can tell you I didnt sleep for those 2 weeks,telling myself what a jerk I was to spend that kind of $$ and not actually drive it...BUT...I did Google local shops that did PPI (pre-purchase-inspections),NOT a dealer multi-point inspection,I learned there is a big difference...
So,for a $100 and a call to the shop after it was done (99point truck out of 100) did ease a little of the stress,and when it arrived it was exactly as owner and shop stated....
Wrote that more for future buyers.....and I'd say any high end vehicle you buy,even if your an experienced motorhead should be checked out by independent 3rd party.....
Glad you got yours running.....nice looking truck..!! Did you go with another SuperCharged Engine..or just a stock 6.2L?

OP
OP
Raptorbrew

Raptorbrew

Reaction score
So good news. Every time at a stoplight there is loud squeal. I’m told it’s the bearing in the torque converter. Driving is fine, only at stop. So F’ing loud. $1,600 repair. Ugh