My first post with whats probably two popular questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to him. Everything sounds good except for the 16-20 mnth wait time...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just talked to him. Everything sounds good except for the 16-20 mnth wait time...

Never heard of am almost two year wait....I would thinking with that long of a wait you will be buying a 2014...that is if they are going to make a 2014 production run...

OP
OP
M

Mongoose71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CORRECTION... 16-20 WEEK WAIT............... I've went too long without sleep.

Big Rig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some dealers believe this is a special, hard to find truck and they price it accordingly. Others think it is a version of an F150. I suggest you find a dealer that thinks it is a version of an F150.

The frame bend is an issue for some. The gas mileage with the small gas tank is a negative too but it more than makes up for it when you start the engine.

Much to my suprise, the biggest problem I have had with the truck is that I like it more than I thought I would. I live in the snow belt and on a dirt road. I cant bring myself to drive it in the winter. It has been sitting in a heated garage next to my old '87 comanche for over a month now. I wish I kept my old tahoe for the salty weather.

Dont feel Bad My Dad stores his in winter to :)

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's about standard waiting time but it's worth saving 4-5K.

All the dealers I talked to (including the one I eventually ordered with) told me 6-8 weeks is typical. One also said they are "out of allocation" so can't get anything more until 2014.
Hopefully the 6 - 8 weeks is realistic, because I've only been waiting 1.5 weeks and I am ready for this truck to come already!

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That would be really fast! A few have been getting that recently but I wouldn't count on it. It generally takes 3-6 weeks to get to you even after it's built. Let's hope orders are speeding up because I'd love to see mine in only 4-6 more weeks but then again you have to get a VIN and a build week and then actually have it built, and then shipped and then sit around waiting for a full load and then finally delivered. Ah, the waiting process!

FORDONLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problems so far ...the silver is holding up fine paint wise ..I do keep fresh wax on it and the blue interior package is really nice......I have had fords for 20 years and this is my best purchase yet.....my 93 Bronco was great as well...but the Raptor is well worth the money and the wait !!!!