My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Mine did it once. When my kid moved my truck in the driveway. Never happened to me though. I always remote start in the morning, not sure if that helps or not.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a fine excuse to get a new truck.
Totally agree. I usually use the need for an oil change as an excuse. lol. And I'm serious.

I'm a bit sick in the cabeza (head). I've gone through close to 20 new vehicles since 2015, having owned some less than a couple of weeks. 4 Raptors, a Platinum, 7 Porsches, Highlander, CRV. I'm in need of an intervention.

But I gotta admit, I've calmed down a bit.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
Add another to the list. Happened to me for first time last night. 2022 with 5k miles. Turning the truck off did not kill it. Walked away with keys and could still hear the noise in cab. Drove home and disconnected battery which stopped the noise. i Just received the newest OTA update last week which rules out the theory Ford has addressed this with a software update.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
forgot to mention, I did receive the Pro Power Board error message (attached) in the morning. Not sure if related but certainly could be. D4260497-A42B-4C4C-83BD-4499C913B870.jpeg

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove to Home Depot in the morning and no issue. When I was leaving Home Depot I pressed the start button and I heard a loud "pop" and my horn honked for about 1/2 a second. No Audio. I switched sources and my audio came back. I messaged my service tech at local dealer and he said when he has seen this it was a low battery situation. I put the multi-meter to the battery with the engine off and it measured 12.19V, which is a little below the 12.6V for a typical fully charged battery with engine off. I'm going to see if Ford will replace the battery under warranty.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro this is crazy. Not a word from ford and this is actually a hazardous issue that can cause long term health issues. I get worried sometimes when my 5yo daughter is in the truck and I go to switch the audio on. On a few occasions it’s happened but luckily she wasnt in the truck. Can’t imagine the long term damage it would cause to her hearing if it happened on the highway and took me time to pullover, get her out of her car seat, and disconnect the battery. They need to identify the cause and fix it.

GOB

Reaction score
I bought my Gen 3 Raptor this past Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I was parked at a shopping center. When I turned the truck on ... you guessed it ... a loud, explosive boom followed by a pulsing white noise at a higher decibel than any sound I've ever heard! It seriously hurt both my ears, but my son's ears as well. Not to mention the absolute terror it creates. Anyway, nothing would stop the sound. I was surprised the speakers didn't blow, or that the windows didn't shatter. The volume dial didn't work, the power button didn't work, and even turning the truck off and exiting didn't work. It finally shut off when I looked the door (assuming a complete power shutoff at that point).

I restarted the truck five or six more times with the same result. (I did get a video clip of the noise on one attempt.) Only turning off the truck, exiting, and locking the door would stop the stereo each time. Finally, another restart and everything was back to normal. We read some materials online, sensing it may be a bad battery issue. I drove straight to a parts store and replaced my battery. I haven't had another episode in the last two days, but every time I turn the truck on I plug my ears just in case. This is the most insane thing I have ever had happen in a vehicle! Both my ears and my son's ears still hurt. I am they are not permanently damaged.

Dubbs88

Reaction score
I bought my Gen 3 Raptor this past Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I was parked at a shopping center. When I turned the truck on ... you guessed it ... a loud, explosive boom followed by a pulsing white noise at a higher decibel than any sound I've ever heard! It seriously hurt both my ears, but my son's ears as well. Not to mention the absolute terror it creates. Anyway, nothing would stop the sound. I was surprised the speakers didn't blow, or that the windows didn't shatter. The volume dial didn't work, the power button didn't work, and even turning the truck off and exiting didn't work. It finally shut off when I looked the door (assuming a complete power shutoff at that point).

I restarted the truck five or six more times with the same result. (I did get a video clip of the noise on one attempt.) Only turning off the truck, exiting, and locking the door would stop the stereo each time. Finally, another restart and everything was back to normal. We read some materials online, sensing it may be a bad battery issue. I drove straight to a parts store and replaced my battery. I haven't had another episode in the last two days, but every time I turn the truck on I plug my ears just in case. This is the most insane thing I have ever had happen in a vehicle! Both my ears and my son's ears still hurt. I am they are not permanently damaged.
Actually, I did see a random “low power mode” message on dash when I started this morning. So may be onto something. If it is a battery issue then the next question is why are our batteries dying within months of owning truck !?