My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsin

Reaction score
Just happened to me while driving. Pulled over and shut car off. Took 30 minutes for noise to stop.
Calling dealer and filing report. This is a serious safety issue

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just happened to me while driving. Pulled over and shut car off. Took 30 minutes for noise to stop.
Calling dealer and filing report. This is a serious safety issue
Yep. But should it happen again, and it hasn’t to me, just try switching the input and that should fix it at least then.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just happened to me for the second time. This time it was randomly when the audio system had to function through the parking sensors and not a continuous blast. Still couldn't drive the vehicle because I was picking up my daughter and didn't want to risk it with her in the car. Had to drive my wife's car instead.

Occurs at :24 and 1:15 in the video -

Previous video of the first occurrence several months ago:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 21 and it was like a gun shot thru the speakers. I loosened and re-tightened all the ground wire I could find. My noise happened when I hit the start button, might not be related

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine did it again yesterday. This time my wife was in the car. If she had a heart condition she’d have keeled over dead. Scared the living **** out of her.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just traded for a 2022 Raptor and on the 2nd day of ownership, with my wife riding in it for the first time, I got this extremely loud static sound as soon as I started. It lasted for about 5 seconds then stopped on it's own. Sync had connected to my phone and was on Carplay. I tried playing a song on spotify and no audio at all. It wasn't until I switched sources that the audio came back. It seems there are a few different manifestations of this issue. Many of the videos show a "popping" sound, while mine was a vary loud static sound. I've also read that many are pulling a fuse or disconnecting a battery, while others just change audio source to get it to stop. I filed a NHTSA report as well. After this much time it seems if Ford has not determined the cause and issued a TSB on it, they probably won't until forced to.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just traded for a 2022 Raptor and on the 2nd day of ownership, with my wife riding in it for the first time, I got this extremely loud static sound as soon as I started. It lasted for about 5 seconds then stopped on it's own. Sync had connected to my phone and was on Carplay. I tried playing a song on spotify and no audio at all. It wasn't until I switched sources that the audio came back. It seems there are a few different manifestations of this issue. Many of the videos show a "popping" sound, while mine was a vary loud static sound. I've also read that many are pulling a fuse or disconnecting a battery, while others just change audio source to get it to stop. I filed a NHTSA report as well. After this much time it seems if Ford has not determined the cause and issued a TSB on it, they probably won't until forced to.
That’ is how mine happened, as soon as I hit start boom, almost gun shot loud. I figure it must be passing power to ground so I loosened and retightened all the grounds I could find. Has not came back.

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This has happened to me, two times. The noise is actually really painful to the ears. I am not really one to complain about issues. I know there are certain things you just have to "deal with" but this is something I really believe needs a fix asap. I sometimes cringe when I press the start button in preparation for that horrible/painful noise.