My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heyitsfish

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filed mine last week as well... Mine happened twice at startup while sitting in my office parking lot. Fortunate from a safety standpoint but slightly embarrassing to say the least. The noise scared the crap out of people walking by and explaining why I had to pop the hood and disconnect the battery on my relatively new ~$90k truck was a lot of fun...

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running sync 3.5.4 for a few weeks now. Android Auto 8.9.630 with Coolwalk. Recently changed sound settings to Surround. Re-paired phone a few days ago to try to resolve wireless Android Auto not connecting every startup.

First time hearing this loud boom/glitch/skip noise, definitely startled me, lol. Dash cam got it, sounds like I added this fake sound, but it's legit. Just starting driving, and wireless Android Auto just connected. Was not playing any music yet. Switched to radio shortly after boom to see if speakers were hosed, couldn't get radio to play for a few minutes. Parking sensor warnings sounded fuzzy/low volume when I pulled into garage.

I let truck sit for an hour. Then I reset sync with power/FF button, changed back to Stereo settings, unplugged/replugged amp. Drove around the block and re-parked, normal sounds now. Will see if it happens again.
View attachment Loud speaker noise after Android Auto connected.mp4

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a dashcam but didn’t even thiink about it capturing the sound. In my case, i was in a high crime area when it happened. I thought someone shot through the windshield. Almost pooped my pants. It’s ridiculous we have to put up with this.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running sync 3.5.4 for a few weeks now. Android Auto 8.9.630 with Coolwalk. Recently changed sound settings to Surround. Re-paired phone a few days ago to try to resolve wireless Android Auto not connecting every startup.

First time hearing this loud boom/glitch/skip noise, definitely startled me, lol. Dash cam got it, sounds like I added this fake sound, but it's legit. Just starting driving, and wireless Android Auto just connected. Was not playing any music yet. Switched to radio shortly after boom to see if speakers were hosed, couldn't get radio to play for a few minutes. Parking sensor warnings sounded fuzzy/low volume when I pulled into garage.

I let truck sit for an hour. Then I reset sync with power/FF button, changed back to Stereo settings, unplugged/replugged amp. Drove around the block and re-parked, normal sounds now. Will see if it happens again.
Do you have any forscan settings enabled? I have been on the surround setting since I first owned my truck. I had wondered exactly which settings could be making this happen. I have wireless apple carplay typically being used, but was wondering if it was more apple vs android, etc. Which options or settings were the trend that were making this happen.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any forscan settings enabled? I have been on the surround setting since I first owned my truck. I had wondered exactly which settings could be making this happen. I have wireless apple carplay typically being used, but was wondering if it was more apple vs android, etc. Which options or settings were the trend that were making this happen.
Yes. Total changes I have since July 2022:

Quiet time mode in the apim
DRL INCLUDE FOGS
FOGS STAY ON WITH HIGH BEAMS
DRL INCLUDES PARK LAMPS
DOUBLE HONK DISABLE
Keyfob Tailgate Release - disabled
Lane Change blinker to 5
Disables door ajar chime
Global Windows down/up

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Total changes I have since July 2022:

Quiet time mode in the apim
DRL INCLUDE FOGS
FOGS STAY ON WITH HIGH BEAMS
DRL INCLUDES PARK LAMPS
DOUBLE HONK DISABLE
Keyfob Tailgate Release - disabled
Lane Change blinker to 5
Disables door ajar chime
Global Windows down/up
I would think since none of that is in the ACM then it shouldn't affect any thing sound wise. There is some changes that can be made in the ACM to effect the subwoofer and overall sound system, I'd think you'd be in the clear though with your changes.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think since none of that is in the ACM then it shouldn't affect any thing sound wise. There is some changes that can be made in the ACM to effect the subwoofer and overall sound system, I'd think you'd be in the clear though with your changes.
In my humble non mechanic opinion, as someone here mentioned, it’s more ground related, battery related. I doubt changes in forscan can cause it.