My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine the dealers don't really care. Has all the symptoms of a software/firmware issue in the sync system. Which means nothing they can fix unless Ford issues some sort of update for them to apply. They'll note it and send it along in some fashion - it's possible Ford is paying attention, possible they aren't at all (file the NHTSA report!).

Reaction score
You all were not exaggerating on how loud and unsafe this noise is. It happened to me at 1700 mi a couple weeks ago. The good news is I no longer need a heart Cath or stress test lol. But seriously, this can easily lead to a good scare or ear damage, arrhythmia/car accident at worse.

I also noticed the sound from my perimeter sensors was a bit odd shortly after before going back to normal but it could also have been my ears ringing.. who knows.

I agree NHTSA is the way to go with this problem. I won't waste my time with the dealership.

MDRAPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the dealer and their response was "nothing we can do about it right now. Hopefully Ford comes out with a fix"
This just happened to me Sat. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to go away. any TSB's on this yet? Very Very unsafe?

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me Sat. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to go away. any TSB's on this yet? Very Very unsafe?
Not that I’ve seen. I’ll say I haven’t had it happen again since the summer. I’m pretty sure it was a software issue that was silently fixed through an OTA update.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to this with my '22 just coming in over the last couple weeks....What settings does everyone have when they are experiencing this? Audio settings have the surround options vs standard I think. Is everyone using CarPlay when this happens? Could it be an issue with Apple or is it happening when music isn't even on. I guess another thing that I experience with home theaters has to do with a particular audio channel, usually with home theaters it could be a particular faulty capacitor that is causing feedback in the audio channel. The noise would be a low white noise static type sound, but from that video it is much louder but that could be a result of more power in the system. I think where someone said they quickly disconnected their amp, if that killed the noise it's clearly where it is originating. Wasn't there a recall for 2022 Ford Raptors built before August 2022 which had to do with a lug nut issue not being torqued properly because a wrench wasn't set to spec in the assembly line at the Ford plant...well here might be another example of faulty component running down the line, could be as small as a connector within the amp in one particular spot that is causing the same thing to happen.....

this sucks...seems like it is going to happen to me as well in the near future, I will make sure I monitor my audio use and actions leading up to the sound if it happens

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah disconnecting the amp killed the sound immediately. Originally I turned off the vehicle and got out and shut the door...waited...sound continued (I could hear the static from outside my truck) and that's when I disconnected the amp.

It hasn't done it since. That was two weeks ago.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you share a photo of what exactly you disconnected? Might just save someone else's ears one day.

K bye

Reaction score
Aww man I has this same issue on my 2019 f350 lariat with B&O. One dealership just turned off my amp and I complained ended up at another dealership that actually replaced the amp and all is well

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you share a photo of what exactly you disconnected? Might just save someone else's ears one day.
I believe it was this connection. I can't remember exactly because it was a while ago and I was in panic mode.

Attachments

• 20221208_191332.jpg
    20221208_191332.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 36