My ears are hurting - B&O sound system goes crazy - *safety issue*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FightingTiger

Reaction score
This happened to me this morning. A few times at startup in previous weeks since bringing it home it would pop loudly but today it was most awful loud ear piercing sound from speakers. I pulled over turned off ,got out and still going for at least two minutes before stopping. After some research I found this thread and several others from another regular F150 forum.
Ford has got to know of this and hopefully working on a fix. Taking it to dealer this week and see what they say.
Made appointment on the ford app. And went this morning. Said they wouldn’t be able to get around to it for 10 days. Asked if I can bring it back then and told it doesn’t work that way I would have to leave it. Guy then said “ you didn’t even get it from here so why bring it here”
Wow- because this is where the app suggested I bring it. He doesn’t have to worry about me ever going there again.
I called Ford and got a case number although I’m not sure what good it’ll do.
My next step is to go to the National highway safety administration website and log it there. It looks like other Ford vehicles with the B&O system are having the same issue and someone on an F150 forum suggested that step. Says if enough people report it to that website they’ll open a recall review. We’ll see what happens from here.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest since the last OTA update I haven’t experienced this issue again. Hoping that it was addressed in the update. maybe check to see if your head unit has the most up to date software?

dngrs19

Reaction score
Not thrilled, 350 miles on the odometer on my new 2022 raptor and driving home tonight with kids in the car it scared the crap out us. Sounds like same issue, loud pop and then 20 minutes of driving with the static / popping sound coming out of speakers, sounded like sparks crackling. Pulled over, shut car off, nothing still doing it. Home and parked in driveway after a few minutes it stopped. Hopefully someone has some solution to this, however a search shows that it's been happening to f150 owners now for over a year.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Same issue as everyone, 22 Raptor 37. Woke up, went to start the car and I was very, very awake within 2 minutes of that noise...I let the battery cycle by turning car off and waiting 30 minutes (no gym for me that morning) and it was okay. If you just turn your truck off and on it will persist.

I think overnight there was an update to the SYNC system because I got a notification on FordPass. Since then no issues. But my god. Hope that never happens again it's so f**in loud. Oh and it was the first time I heard anything come out of the headliner speakers :*)

Cloudy22

Reaction score
When this happened to me I unpaired my phone and it stopped . I reconnected it and haven't had the issue since

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to me this morning. Scared the shit out of me. Luckily I had read this thread before purchasing so I immediately knew what was going on. I hadn't started driving yet so I pushed the rear seat down and disconnected the amplifier and it killed the crackling static. Then reconnected. I've had my Raptor for almost a month and I forgot about this issue. I haven't been that startled in a while.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Brand new 37 PP with 100 miles since I picked it up last week. Yesterday I started the truck to bring it inside the garage to work on it. As soon as I hit the start button I heard a loud high pitch squeal for a bout 2 seconds and then a loud pop. All volume went out and when I turned the knob it stayed at zero. I tried a bluetooth phone call and could not be heard by the person I called. I immediately called the dealer where I bought it and they can't see me until Nov 10. About 2 hours later I moved the truck back outside and when I started it everything was back to normal.

This pissed me off to no end and then I remembered someone posted this thread. for those of you that have had this happen has it reoccurred since the first time? What are dealers telling you it might be? I can't believe it should take almost 2 weeks to get a brand new truck in for something like this. It almost seemed like the dealer really didn't care at all. Or that is how I took it.

Could this be a loose fuse? I am not a big tech or audio guy but I want everything to work as it should. This seems like it will morph into a bigger issue on quite a few trucks. I have the B and O also. I wonder if it is specific to that system or more to the MY 2022 trucks. Any additional information would be appreciated if any of you hear anything new.

Per the first Post I will check fuse 28, I just noticed that advice.