Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

My Ears Almost had An Orgasm Today

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by NASSTY, Nov 20, 2020.

1. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

I'm not in the market for a new Raptor I just bought a 2020 at the end of March. But for the hell of it I searched every Ford dealer in Maine to see if any had any 2020 Raptors left. No dice, none of them did and only 2 had used Gen2 Raptors. Anywho.... during my search I saw that a local dealer had a new Shelby GT 500 so I took a ride over there today just to look at it. It's way out of my price range and I could never afford one unless I win the lottery in the near future. I usually buy a new truck every 2 to 3 years but I never buy from this dealership because their prices are too high. I know most of the salesmen, parts guys and a few techs because I stop by there quite often. The sales manager asked me what year my Raptor was, I said 2020. He asked where I got it, I said Yankee Ford. He asked why I didn't buy it there and I said because you charge too much for them. :) He was pretty cool. He said you wanna hear it run. I said sure so he fired it up in the showroom and revved it up. OMFG that thing sounded awesome. It was all roped off so you couldn't touch it. I think I'll buy a few lottery tickets tomorrow.

GR8Ride, Smunczen and CoronaRaptor like this.
  2. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

You should hear what my Gen 1 sounds like with Stainless Works headers and true dual exhaust when I fire it up in my garage, my neighbours look out there windows, I'm sure the ground shakes for a 1/4 mile !!

faultball, NASSTY, Sage and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jonny V

Jonny V FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah its my MBRP dump exhaust (THANKS RICK!!!! @[email protected])..... I have fools running up on my 2012 at gas stations, grocery stores, stop lights, you name it....."DUDE, I have a bad case of truck envy!!" You know how many times I've heard that?? Most times, I just smile and drive off, but it one of them is especially freaky, I might do a burnout for them...almost none of them hav ever seen a 35" tire burnout either....

CoronaRaptor and NASSTY like this.
  4. raptorbait

raptorbait Member

5BFC58BD-3F20-426A-983B-28C0107C99E8.jpeg 4F33D57A-F6F0-45E3-909E-F8C29153D594.jpeg I have a 20 350R while it isn’t a 500, (which my buddy has) I feel like the 350R with the exhaust opened up is a little louder.... def. a unique sound from that flat plane crank.... now to buy a raptor! The struggle is real!

Jonny V, Comish, faultball and 4 others like this.
  5. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

Yes 350 GTs sound awesome as well. They sound different than a 500GT, but still awesome.
    HaHa
    My 92 Bronco w/ 351 windsor with a whopping 200hp sounded pretty mean with a Bassani 3" y-pipe and a custom catback that a friend of mine bent and welded. After several winters the tail pipes were looking like swiss cheese so I recently replaced it with a quieter exhaust. I'm sure my neighbors like me more now that they don't hear me leaving for work at 3:45 am every morning.

6. JohnyPython

JohnyPython FRF Addict

I’ve only heard the Shelby 500 on videos but the exhaust note is obnoxiously amazing and distinctive. You know it’s a 500 from a mile away.

I like the asshole button on the collie that reduces or opens up the exhaust so your neighbors don’t hate you.

NASSTY likes this.
  7. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

Yup, he was playing with the asshole button. He opened it all the way up when revving it up in the show room and he turned it down before shutting the car off. It went from beast mode to mellow and quiet.
    I was so in awe I never even thought to take my phone out of my pocket and snap a picture. :banghead: Maybe I'll go back today and get some pics? I usually give the salesmen at that dealership a bunch of crap. They love my sarcasm.lol I'll tell them to get that bitch out of the show room so I can take it for a test drive.
    Oh ya it has a $25K ADM. :perkinswhatever:

JohnyPython and CoronaRaptor like this.
  8. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

9. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

NASSTY likes this.
  10. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

someone will probably pay some of that, but it won’t be me.

NASSTY likes this.