My code orange experience was out of this world

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very cool. any idea how long did it take from start to finish ?
Technically I remember most of the tracking sheet, rough guess for the start stuff was 8-12 hours in body getting welded and painted then about another 4 getting general assembly and trim ect. And approximately 1-3 hours through QC, graphic install and runup tested ect. Best guess I was told was 18-22 hours start to finish total.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow someway I was blessed with the greatest experience ever at 12:09AM 9-27 I watched the production of my code orange raptor 801A all packages minus 37 performance roll through it's spots at DTP all the way to QC and checks. This is the greatest thing I have ever been able to witness(even better then the day I passed my private pilot checkride). I can't even say thank you enough to those that helped make this experience possible. And I'm so gifted to be able to work for such a great company such as ford, fixing customer vehicles and being a part of the team on a different level then manufacturing. I should be taking delivery in 7-10 days as it is now in the mod center getting the graphics on.

I will kindly ask anyone who reads this to PLEASE TAKE RESPECT AND LEAVE THESE PHOTOS HERE AND NOT POST THEM ELSEWHERE TO SHARE. THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE AND ID LIKE TO NOT BURN MY BRIDGES. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. View attachment 321443View attachment 321444View attachment 321445View attachment 321446View attachment 321447
Congratulations. What a phenomenal experience. We are all living vicariously through you. Million thanks for sharing this on our forum.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. What a phenomenal experience. We are all living vicariously through you. Million thanks for sharing this on our forum.
Your so welcome you guys have really been a big raptor family just like my fellow pilots etc. I'm always willing to share experiences with those that are family, long as some don't ruin it and it'll ruin it for all. I was gifted to be allowed to take some pics at certain points where it wasn't so congested with multiple processes going. But I seen enough I can answer really any questions if someone has a specific one. I even got a shot to tour most of the stamping plant and some of the body shop watching some assembly of the bed floor pans and some cab components but no paint sadly. Otherwise I covered most of the whole facility even QC and testing.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Tool! Hell, we’re prolly all envisioning this is us watching our truck get built...I know I am. One lucky dog you are! Lol Good copy & will do on your request bro.
Thanks for all the info you provided to me, I was hesitant on sharing on here which is why I didn't include anyone's names and didn't take any pics of any employees per my instructions so I think I'm safe ya know? And can't wait for my request your working on :happy107: your a real man of honor adding that cherry on top.

kevanscpa

Reaction score
I am about 3 days behind you. Mine hit the line yeterday. Do you have an estimated delivery date?