My code orange experience was out of this world

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow someway I was blessed with the greatest experience ever at 12:09AM 9-27 I watched the production of my code orange raptor 801A all packages minus 37 performance roll through it's spots at DTP all the way to QC and checks. This is the greatest thing I have ever been able to witness(even better then the day I passed my private pilot checkride). I can't even say thank you enough to those that helped make this experience possible. And I'm so gifted to be able to work for such a great company such as ford, fixing customer vehicles and being a part of the team on a different level then manufacturing. I should be taking delivery in 7-10 days as it is now in the mod center getting the graphics on.

I will kindly ask anyone who reads this to PLEASE TAKE RESPECT AND LEAVE THESE PHOTOS HERE AND NOT POST THEM ELSEWHERE TO SHARE. THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE AND ID LIKE TO NOT BURN MY BRIDGES. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. 20210927_011428.jpg20210927_023049.jpg20210927_030054.jpg20210927_035425.jpg20210927_035526.jpg

Last edited:

jeenyus

Reaction score
That's amazing. I wasn't aware the Raptors went on the line at the same time as other F150s... seems like it would be easier to have all Raptors together, so you could install all the Raptor specific parts one truck after another.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty cool, but I am sure I am not the only one who is thinking when looking at the second photo "I hope one of the nuts and bolts on the ground isn't missing from my truck"
Nope you would actually be surprised how much stuff gets dropped when workers grab 5-6 and only need 4 and just drop the extras to keep the speed moving ect. There not missing stuff there just extras that were dropped to keep things moving. During a walk you'll kick so much stuff around that was extra over grabbed amounts.

OP
OP
T

tooldrmr2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's amazing. I wasn't aware the Raptors went on the line at the same time as other F150s... seems like it would be easier to have all Raptors together, so you could install all the Raptor specific parts one truck after another.
Surprisingly it's split. They will run 20 or so f150s then a raptor then 20 f150s ect. No ryhme or reason to colors or patterns. Last night was roughly 3-4 raptors per hour ect. Was confirmed that the scheduling shuffles is all mainly due to having the "exact parts on site in the bays to be installed". So if all parts are available ect it'll get built asap. If parts aren't all there at DTP it'll get bumped ect. So just cause people are being bumped don't mean it's necessarily one thing ect.