My Carmax offer 9-25-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AGJR10

Reaction score
Traded mine in last week (Dallas TX) 802a got $56,500 with 24k miles. Took off all the mods (Icon leaf springs, baja lights, tonneau cover) to sell.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean we shouldn’t, but outside of that, general political, societal and environmental developments have an effect on prices. I would agree with the general idea that increasing fuel prices will decrease the truck prices HOWEVER I think the dynamic of the used/new car market next year will outweigh this, especially on niche vehicles.

Yes as would jacking up the dividends & long term cap gains tax to 43.4% & Corp income tax to 28% - the net effect of that? It’ll reduce the amount of $$$$ in people’s pockets, in particular the type of people who buy Raptors

elections do have consequences for sure....and this one may end up w/ some politicians in cuffs -;)

FWIW the insurance payout on my well optioned 2018 801a ($65.8k sticker) w/ 33k miles was DEEP into the $60k’s

I know it’s not apples to apples, but I was also fully willing to pay mid/upper $60ks for a sub 10k mileage barely used 2019-20, instead I was able to find reasonable deal on 2020 new 801a

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not wait for a 2022? That Tundra design is ancient.

yeah & given that it took em 16 years essentially to “perfect it” (bahahahahha) maybe you don’t wanna be the first guinea pig on a “new” Turdyoda design

I don’t follow their stuff too closely- who’s making their new 1/2 ton for them this time? Had enough of trying to figure out how to produce TQ outta a V8 or how to make a fully boxed frame & subcontracted it out to NISSAN? Bahahhahhahaha

it wouldn’t surprise me if they did- the most “ambitious designs” & “most exciting” vehicles they’ve produced in the last decade aside from Lexus? They paid Subaru & BMW to make the BRZ & Supra right?

Turdyoda’s an embarrassment to the automotive engineering industry & spend more effort keeping up the brainwashing of their perceived reliability/quality than they do actually keeping up w/ current industry standards/competitors offerings even in the most basic sense of the idea....

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah & given that it took em 16 years essentially to “perfect it” (bahahahahha) maybe you don’t wanna be the first guinea pig on a “new” Turdyoda design

I don’t follow their stuff too closely- who’s making their new 1/2 ton for them this time? Had enough of trying to figure out how to produce TQ outta a V8 or how to make a fully boxed frame & subcontracted it out to NISSAN? Bahahhahhahaha

it wouldn’t surprise me if they did- the most “ambitious designs” & “most exciting” vehicles they’ve produced in the last decade aside from Lexus? They paid Subaru & BMW to make the BRZ & Supra right?

Turdyoda’s an embarrassment to the automotive engineering industry & spend more effort keeping up the brainwashing of their perceived reliability/quality than they do actually keeping up w/ current industry standards/competitors offerings even in the most basic sense of the idea....

Hey, I'm not the one looking at a Tundra. :D I do hear that it's getting a twin-turbo V6. I shit you not.

I have a friend who is in the market for a new truck. He told me that he liked mine, but after watching the pigfrack I went through getting it fixed, he won't touch a Ford with a ten foot pole. I can't blame him. I warned him about the Tundra. My guess is that he'll get another taco ... he hated my old Dodge, GM isn't even in the race, Nissan is too niche, Ridgeline is a joke, and American-badged small trucks have a crap reputation in his mind. It doesn't leave too many choices. He may guinea pig the new Tundra in the end, we'll see. I kinda hope he does.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not the one looking at a Tundra. :D I do hear that it's getting a twin-turbo V6. I shit you not.

I have a friend who is in the market for a new truck. He told me that he liked mine, but after watching the pigfrack I went through getting it fixed, he won't touch a Ford with a ten foot pole. I can't blame him. I warned him about the Tundra. My guess is that he'll get another taco ... he hated my old Dodge, GM isn't even in the race, Nissan is too niche, Ridgeline is a joke, and American-badged small trucks have a crap reputation in his mind. It doesn't leave too many choices. He may guinea pig the new Tundra in the end, we'll see. I kinda hope he does.

it’ll have a ttV6 - probably paid for the rights of the last gen ecoboost from ford w/o the port injection, that’ll be “cutting edge” for Turdyoda

a Tacoma is one of the most uncomfortable non-ergonomic vehicles I’ve ever sat in. I had 2 ford rangers- an ‘89 beater w/ a 5 speed straight 6 went 292k miles before it blew a head gasket (got that same amount from the clutch)

I had a ‘98 4x4 w/ the bigger 4 cyl reg cab that truck went 178k miles before I traded it in on an accord coupe stick shift

the Chevy Colorado Z71 w/ the DSSV shocks would keep up w/ a raptor in a lot of scenarios

I am curious what they come out with....but w/ how dated, weak, inefficient, uncomfortable, ugly their current truck offerings currently are....it’s not like they really need to hit it outta the park to improve on it lol, the bar is so ******** low it’s pathetic

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 Loaded, everything except for Recaros. 13k miles. Carmax offered $55k. Seems very low. Colorado Springs, CO.

I would have jumped back in my shit and drove out of there as fast as I could. Never found Carmax to not low ball you.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
My '20 Raptor, 6K miles, loaded, no mods. Three dealers all offered close to same $63-65K. In TX. Since no '21 Raptor, prices are going up.

I'm keeping mine until '22 comes out (hopefully V8 option).

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m shocked at what used cars are going for right now. I have a 2016 Chevy 2500 regular cab 4x4 with 70K miles, but it’s hammered. It’s a former plow truck with lots of rust and significant dents/damage. Carmax offered me $22K in person. KBB fair trade in is $22K, I would consider this truck poor condition.