My BD S2 Reverse Light Kit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
Finished my install this weekend...I was able to use a fish tape I bought years ago from Lowe's...it has a multiple fittings for the end and one is a point with hole in it...I was able to tie a wire loop (6" diameter) in the hole and push the tape through...had to guide it several places to go under / over through frame cross beams as desired...I was able to pull the little wire loop out the hole at the end of the frame (bumper end) and tape it off to my harness...I think I used a different hole at the rear but same hole as you in the front. I need to install an ARB plug in the bed so I went ahead and pulled a piece of 550 cord through with the light wires to facilitate the ARB wiring later this week.

I tapped into the trailer plug instead of the taillight..was very easy and on a 2020 it is the center wire and is grey with dark red or brown stripe...I think it is brown but my wife thinks dark red.

Finish wiring to upfitter, have my wife jump in truck, lights work, perfect...plug into reverse lights, ground and I jump in truck and put in reverse, set brake run out to check, on, perfect. Back in park, leave truck running...uh oh, lights still on...WTH? Double check my trailer tap, verify correct wire...hmm...back in truck, oh, switch still on! Yea, makes sense lights are still on! Switch off, works in reverse...phew!

I enjoyed your thread thank you for posting!