My BD S2 Reverse Light Kit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job Gerald! Can’t wait till it warms up some to do mine and I will be following your write up step by step!
Very much appreciated!!

HAPPILY EVER RAPTOR

You're very welcome. Maybe you drive south some for the warmer weather. Supposed to get up to the mid to upper 60's with sunshine here in the Houston area. And where I'm at in the south Houston area, a few degrees warmer than that!! Come on down and you can use my driveway and I'll supply the beer!

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clipped the wire on this harness. Is this the wrong one to use? Looks different than yours?

View attachment 134524

Yeah, that connector is different than mine. Mine was 4 wires by 4 wires in two rows. So I can't say whether you got the correct wire. I'm not home right now. I think I remember seeing a picture of the connector in the instructions that matched my connector. My connector was more square shaped than what yours looks like.

To be certain you have the right wire, you could use a voltmeter and touch the female side of the connector and a ground point to make sure you have some voltage/current on that wire when you put the vehicle in reverse. That's what I did to confirm the wire. Of course it's best with two people. One behind the wheel with multiple brakes on and one using the voltmeter.

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I got everything installed and my truck will on turn the S2’s on when I flip the aux switch. I’m using the 4x4truckleds harness. I unhooked the vampire clip and tried again, no dice. Think I got a bad harness from Baja? It must be the small vampire harness because the lights work when I flip the aux switch?

The Baja upfitter wire uses a crimp style connector which woks 5/10 times. Anybody who’s been around trucks long enough can tell you the quick splice/crimp connectors are awesome AND a pain at the same time

I’d recommend strip part of the wire back so you are bare wire and then crimp onto the bare wire it lol make a better connection

The little teeth tend to lose connection after time since they are mainly holding the plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting until I can get to a dark location so I can take some before and after pictures on just how much additional light gets thrown towards the rear with these lights versus just the stock reverse lights in the taillight assembly. So I'll post those pictures soon. But for now, here is a great shot of the rea r of the truck with the S2 lights on!! Awesome!! They are super bright!

Reverse Lights On.jpg

OP
OP
Gerald

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an attempt to see what the rear area looks like through the back-up camera.

Stock reverse lights looking at back-up camera.

Stock Reverse Lights Camera View.jpg

And here is the view through the back-up camera with the S2s illuminating.

S2 Reverse Lights Camera View.jpg

Last edited:

gopher870

Reaction score
Nice job. Nice write up. Appreciate the high quality pictures and arrow/text overlays. High quality post.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Great write up, will be installing my S1 when it gets warmer.

Merry Christmas to all.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice organized write up and excellent pics. Using upfitters adds to complexity but worth it if you want to control it. Tapping into the reverse wire of trailer harness was a breeze.

From BD website, draw for pairs of S2 Sport is 1.8 amps and 3.4 amps for Pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk