My AMB 22’ Finally Here….New wheels and a few accessories installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeckTenRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order placed with Ford on 10/8/21. Truck was built 4/18 and arrived at my dealer yesterday morning (MSRP guy here BTW).

Left dealership around 1:30 and was able to install the Bedrug and Retrax Pro by dinner! Next up will be backup lights, wheels, tint, buff and ceramic, along with a few other odds and ends. I’ll be doing everything but wheels and tint.

The truck….well, let’s just say it’s nicer than both my Gen 2’s in every way. The 3 things I noticed immediately were the seats. The seats are way more comfortable than the normal seats and way more comfortable than my Gen 2 with Recaro’s. Next thing I noticed was how good this thing drives. Granted, I only have a 100 miles or so…..but, I can tell it’s way smoother than the Gen 2’s. Last thing (actually first thing) is this color! Wow…..I figured it would be a nice color when I ordered it….but I didn’t realize how good it was going to look until I saw it. Opinions are like buttholes, as everyone has one……but, the AMB is my favorite color for a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s awesome. As you can see in these photos, it’s pretty dark and subtle without direct sun light. When the sun hits it, it’s amazing. I was planning on wrapping with stealth…..but, after seeing this color in person, I can’t bring myself to covering it up!

Thanks,
Congratulations ... AMB looks definitely stunning.
I was debating between AMB or Black .. ended up going with black. The truck is sitting in New Orleans railyard awaiting convoy pickup and is 2 hours away from the dealership.
Can you please tell the order date & delivered date for Retrax Pro. I need to get that asap.

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Congratulations ... AMB looks definitely stunning.
I was debating between AMB or Black .. ended up going with black. The truck is sitting in New Orleans railyard awaiting convoy pickup and is 2 hours away from the dealership.
Can you please tell the order date & delivered date for Retrax Pro. I need to get that asap.
Ordered my Retrax back in November and got it within a week or so. Not sure how supplies are at the moment. Good luck.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow AMB owner! My only gripe with this fantastic color is the fingerprints. It’s a magnet. But with the ceramic coat it is pretty darn easy to keep clean. This is my first really dark color, and yeah it’s a little high maintenance, but I’m willing to deal with the trade off.

derise

Reaction score
Order placed with Ford on 10/8/21. Truck was built 4/18 and arrived at my dealer yesterday morning (MSRP guy here BTW).

Left dealership around 1:30 and was able to install the Bedrug and Retrax Pro by dinner! Next up will be backup lights, wheels, tint, buff and ceramic, along with a few other odds and ends. I’ll be doing everything but wheels and tint.

The truck….well, let’s just say it’s nicer than both my Gen 2’s in every way. The 3 things I noticed immediately were the seats. The seats are way more comfortable than the normal seats and way more comfortable than my Gen 2 with Recaro’s. Next thing I noticed was how good this thing drives. Granted, I only have a 100 miles or so…..but, I can tell it’s way smoother than the Gen 2’s. Last thing (actually first thing) is this color! Wow…..I figured it would be a nice color when I ordered it….but I didn’t realize how good it was going to look until I saw it. Opinions are like buttholes, as everyone has one……but, the AMB is my favorite color for a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s awesome. As you can see in these photos, it’s pretty dark and subtle without direct sun light. When the sun hits it, it’s amazing. I was planning on wrapping with stealth…..but, after seeing this color in person, I can’t bring myself to covering it up!

Thanks,
What the god dam point of owning a pick up with carpet. Ridiculous

wp3

Reaction score
If you decide to go stealth, here is my 21 AMB wrapped. Goes from black, navy and even a grey tint depending on lighting.

Attachments

• 0EE11525-8851-4728-818A-A78C7CF9B5BE.jpeg
    0EE11525-8851-4728-818A-A78C7CF9B5BE.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 132
  • B7BA71EE-A3EF-4D17-905E-C519F0EA9788.jpeg
    B7BA71EE-A3EF-4D17-905E-C519F0EA9788.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 132

Wallybosch

Reaction score
Congrats! I ordered the same color and wheels as you! Can’t wait to get mine! Finally got a build date this week for mine! June 6. I order my first raptor October 5 21 and that one got totaled in transport April 6…… so waiting on the replacement Raptor now! I’m so glad I order Amimatter blue! I had a black gen1 and a white Gen 2 had to switch it up!
Enjoy your awesome truck!