My AMB 22’ Finally Here….New wheels and a few accessories installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Order placed with Ford on 10/8/21. Truck was built 4/18 and arrived at my dealer yesterday morning (MSRP guy here BTW).

Left dealership around 1:30 and was able to install the Bedrug and Retrax Pro by dinner! Next up will be backup lights, wheels, tint, buff and ceramic, along with a few other odds and ends. I’ll be doing everything but wheels and tint.

The truck….well, let’s just say it’s nicer than both my Gen 2’s in every way. The 3 things I noticed immediately were the seats. The seats are way more comfortable than the normal seats and way more comfortable than my Gen 2 with Recaro’s. Next thing I noticed was how good this thing drives. Granted, I only have a 100 miles or so…..but, I can tell it’s way smoother than the Gen 2’s. Last thing (actually first thing) is this color! Wow…..I figured it would be a nice color when I ordered it….but I didn’t realize how good it was going to look until I saw it. Opinions are like buttholes, as everyone has one……but, the AMB is my favorite color for a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s awesome. As you can see in these photos, it’s pretty dark and subtle without direct sun light. When the sun hits it, it’s amazing. I was planning on wrapping with stealth…..but, after seeing this color in person, I can’t bring myself to covering it up!

Thanks,

Attachments

• 87433C52-C9B2-4207-88B6-4446EF46E881.jpeg
    87433C52-C9B2-4207-88B6-4446EF46E881.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 542
  • 69838EB5-C4DF-44CC-846E-CE1AEF5D7F95.jpeg
    69838EB5-C4DF-44CC-846E-CE1AEF5D7F95.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 452
  • 88877FCD-2E6A-4AE2-9409-7E9FEA6AC5E1.jpeg
    88877FCD-2E6A-4AE2-9409-7E9FEA6AC5E1.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 443
  • FE85D4FB-3E5D-4FAE-B25C-1BEE1194D51C.jpeg
    FE85D4FB-3E5D-4FAE-B25C-1BEE1194D51C.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 529
  • 8E68E617-DDF1-4E2A-9956-5077EA4A440C.jpeg
    8E68E617-DDF1-4E2A-9956-5077EA4A440C.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 541

raptorinia

Reaction score
Looks good. You must never see gravel roads otherwise that bedrug would never stay clean.

I’m still torn on the color but it’s what I ordered and not wanting to change it to risk a later build date. If only I’d get a vin and a build date for mine to show up.

NorCalRapT

Reaction score
Order placed with Ford on 10/8/21. Truck was built 4/18 and arrived at my dealer yesterday morning (MSRP guy here BTW).

Left dealership around 1:30 and was able to install the Bedrug and Retrax Pro by dinner! Next up will be backup lights, wheels, tint, buff and ceramic, along with a few other odds and ends. I’ll be doing everything but wheels and tint.

The truck….well, let’s just say it’s nicer than both my Gen 2’s in every way. The 3 things I noticed immediately were the seats. The seats are way more comfortable than the normal seats and way more comfortable than my Gen 2 with Recaro’s. Next thing I noticed was how good this thing drives. Granted, I only have a 100 miles or so…..but, I can tell it’s way smoother than the Gen 2’s. Last thing (actually first thing) is this color! Wow…..I figured it would be a nice color when I ordered it….but I didn’t realize how good it was going to look until I saw it. Opinions are like buttholes, as everyone has one……but, the AMB is my favorite color for a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s awesome. As you can see in these photos, it’s pretty dark and subtle without direct sun light. When the sun hits it, it’s amazing. I was planning on wrapping with stealth…..but, after seeing this color in person, I can’t bring myself to covering it up!

Thanks,
sweet truck, still waiting on mine.

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Looks good. You must never see gravel roads otherwise that bedrug would never stay clean.

I’m still torn on the color but it’s what I ordered and not wanting to change it to risk a later build date. If only I’d get a vin and a build date for mine to show up.
Now that I live in FL and no longer have my property in Oklahoma…..I rarely see dirt. It’ll see some sand and definetly make some hunting trips to Georgia.

This is my first bed rug. Was on the fence, but felt like trying something different this time. We’ll see!

JJP023

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Did you have to "delete" any options? 180 recline seats, start stop?

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
I deleted the auto start/stop. I haven’t had time to run through all the other stuff yet (Other than digital temp knob readout) and my dealer didn’t say anything about other factory, deleted items.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Thanks,
Nice truck. I’m with you on the color; AMB had me at hello! Lol