My AMB 22’ Finally Here….New wheels and a few accessories installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order placed with Ford on 10/8/21. Truck was built 4/18 and arrived at my dealer yesterday morning (MSRP guy here BTW).

Left dealership around 1:30 and was able to install the Bedrug and Retrax Pro by dinner! Next up will be backup lights, wheels, tint, buff and ceramic, along with a few other odds and ends. I’ll be doing everything but wheels and tint.

The truck….well, let’s just say it’s nicer than both my Gen 2’s in every way. The 3 things I noticed immediately were the seats. The seats are way more comfortable than the normal seats and way more comfortable than my Gen 2 with Recaro’s. Next thing I noticed was how good this thing drives. Granted, I only have a 100 miles or so…..but, I can tell it’s way smoother than the Gen 2’s. Last thing (actually first thing) is this color! Wow…..I figured it would be a nice color when I ordered it….but I didn’t realize how good it was going to look until I saw it. Opinions are like buttholes, as everyone has one……but, the AMB is my favorite color for a truck I’ve ever owned. It’s awesome. As you can see in these photos, it’s pretty dark and subtle without direct sun light. When the sun hits it, it’s amazing. I was planning on wrapping with stealth…..but, after seeing this color in person, I can’t bring myself to covering it up!

Thanks,
Congratulations! I see I made the right decision with the color it’s gorgeous! Mine has to be delivered to the dealer next week. A lot of mods seating in the garage and waiting. Good luck and enjoy

eraser2k1nin

Reaction score
Welcome fellow AMB owner! My only gripe with this fantastic color is the fingerprints. It’s a magnet. But with the ceramic coat it is pretty darn easy to keep clean. This is my first really dark color, and yeah it’s a little high maintenance, but I’m willing to deal with the trade off.
100% color easily highlights a person’s greasy mitts lol

Fordus

Reaction score
Looks good. You must never see gravel roads otherwise that bedrug would never stay clean.

I’m still torn on the color but it’s what I ordered and not wanting to change it to risk a later build date. If only I’d get a vin and a build date for mine to show up.
We are on the same boat. Still
Waiting on the vin and the built date however am afraid that i or some of us won’t get the tailgate apliqee. Now that’s gona **** me off and it will be a deal breaker especially that I don’t need a car I just want a raptor for the look of it

rugbym8t

Reaction score
NICEE! I love the Bedrug set-up. I don't think people get that its not carpet. A buddy has it in his truck, and he hauls everything back there, and just hoses it off. I am going to put it in my Raptor when it comes.

When you were looking at the Retrax, did you consider Truck Cover USA? I am debating between the two of them.

Congrats on the truck!

OP
OP
D

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
NICEE! I love the Bedrug set-up. I don't think people get that its not carpet. A buddy has it in his truck, and he hauls everything back there, and just hoses it off. I am going to put it in my Raptor when it comes.

When you were looking at the Retrax, did you consider Truck Cover USA? I am debating between the two of them.

Congrats on the truck!
Yep….good buddy has one in his Gen 2. We’ve hauled dead pigs, elk, deer and fish in the back of his. Hose it out and it’s still going strong. We’ll see how it goes. I do like that I can crawl around in the bed without burning or tearing up my knees.
I looked at several different covers….but, decided to stick with the Retrax. This is my 3rd or 4th one and they’ve all been great. I also really liked the tracks on this one. Just installed Rhino Rack rails and plan on getting a few attachments for those long hauls with lots of gear!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the god dam point of owning a pick up with carpet. Ridiculous

lol. true. looks nice but its not an suv. I like them but not for me. if I din't use my truck with dirty ass tools and job material and just used it for camping and off-roading I too would have got the bed rug. its is supposed to mildew and water resistant but luckily its not carpet its more like plastic indoor outdoor carpet. definitely not the same as inside a suv.

if its not a show truck or mall crawler. I am not a fan.