My 7/30 Built Agate Black 35 '21 GEN 3 Is Finally Home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Never thought the day would ever come. After an ~4 month wait from build date and 6 separate shipping delays, I was starting to mentally prepare for this truck never coming home. But finally, it is mine! Picked it up Friday, drove my GEN 2 over 8 hours to get it at MSRP and the dealer was absolutely fantastic through the entire wait period.

I will update this thread as I have more feedback but a couple of initial impressions, and one concerning question for ya'll below.

- The interior tech is a leaps and bounds step forward from my GEN 2. The Sync 4 and the digital cluster alone are gigantic upgrades
- My leather seats seem to have a suede insert which looks really nice compared to my fully loaded GEN 2. Not sure if that came with the carbon fiber?
- The exhaust note in every setting is by far much better than my '20 GEN2. Almost every mode has snarl and a great exhaust note, even in normal
- It simply drives smoother, shifts smoother, and I can feel a bit of that increased TQ.

One question: Anyone know what the FSA 21B52 recall bulletin is all about? I searched the forums and see nothing but its popping up on my Ford Pass for a PCM reprogram? Although the dealer did check for recalls before I left.

Here are some pics as well It's dirty as EFF. And I Had to wait until after I got the tint on to post :) Heading in for ceramic next weekend.

PXL_20211113_192211300.jpgPXL_20211114_141613014.jpgPXL_20211113_192205140.jpg

savela

Reaction score
She's a beaut! Those inserts are a gen 3 upgrade but, I believe, are standard. Congrats!

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if that TSB you are referring to is the pro power fan flash? You have pro power?
I do have pro power. The bulletin on Ford Pass is very vague. Not sure if its for something else or what. When I check the VIN on NHTSA it comes back clean with 0 recalls not repaired. And dealer checked as well upon delivery...

Anyone else see this in their Ford Pass top left corner?

TxNessie84

Reaction score
Ford Performance chat said it was on a train when I last checked with them on Wednesday…but told me to contact my sales rep to have them contact the zone rep as it had missed its ETA of 10/19-10/25. :rolleyes: I told them if it shows it being on a train that is progress so I will take it even if the ETA is wrong.

Late last night the ETA changed again from 11/12-11/18 (My 4th ETA, so not as bad as yours). We will see if it makes it, history does not make me confident that it will get here by that ETA either but we will see.