My 37 got smoked by a Hyundai SUV (question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true. A Brand New Base TRX is bellow 70k and a 37 Raptor is an easy 85k+ even if used
Sure…if you’re willing to wait several months for the TRX. Hop on over to the TRX forum and check out how long people are waiting to have their orders built, there’s a guy who is literally tracking every single forum member’s build time. Many of them ordered in June 2021. Lucky members are seeing their orders filled in 3-4 months. Even if you decided today that you wanted to trade your Raptor for a TRX, you might likely be waiting until summer to execute that trade.

Or you could trade your Raptor for a TRX that’s available now…in which case it’s an even swap at best.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#1....stop trying to "race" in the real world, the little Hyundai won't try t race you off road. You have a Baja monster, not a 1/4 mile rocket. Square peg meet round hole. The truck is plenty "fast" for what it needs to do.....dont want people to pass you on the highway....go buy a mustang.

#2... It is common knowledge, 37's are less quick than 35 trucks. Larger tires create more unsprung weight which makes takes a lot of power to over come.

#3... there is always someone faster, even Hyundai
Look up the weight difference in a 35 to 37 and Check the difference weight from a 31 to 37in tire. The taller it is the slower your truck becomes except top end will be a little higher.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure…if you’re willing to wait several months for the TRX. Hop on over to the TRX forum and check out how long people are waiting to have their orders built, there’s a guy who is literally tracking every single forum member’s build time. Many of them ordered in June 2021. Lucky members are seeing their orders filled in 3-4 months. Even if you decided today that you wanted to trade your Raptor for a TRX, you might likely be waiting until summer to execute that trade.

Or you could trade your Raptor for a TRX that’s available now…in which case it’s an even swap at best.

Ram does have a larger crap shoot than Ford with delivery. They have changed the entire option packages around on the HD trucks (with more important features deleted) while increasing prices 3 times from June 2021-December 2021 followed by another 3k hike.

RamChat doesn't know anything. I was able to track my railcar once it crossed into the US (Norfolk Southern) They are usually 12-24 hours behind on the last location given. I knew my 2500 was unloaded on a Sunday. It sat in the Walkertown Auto Distribution yard for over 2 weeks and its 30 minutes from my house.

I think if Ford offered an option to track it's special vehicles for a $1000+ option down the assembly line with pictures at every phase; most would opt in for it. Ferrari does this and its awesome.

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, while entering the highway, a younger dude in a little hyundai SUV tried to overtake me and my 37 on the entrance ramp to I-70. I floored it (in sport mode) and he flipped me the bird as he easily overtook me (I guess I had that coming LOL).

Then this week I dropped off my truck for a warranty engine knock sensor replacement. They said it was a bad factory part, that the engine was fine. They gave me a loaner--a Ford F-150 XLT with the same 3.5L ecoboost engine. This loaner has 31 inch tires. I noticed that it is REMARAKBLY faster in acceleration than my 37. This loaner would smoke my 37 in a drag race. I am sure some of this has to do with tire size, but am concerned that there may be other issues.

Any comments? For you others who have a 37, what's your experience with acceleration?
Any update on the repair? I was curious if the knock sensor issue was causing the performance concern you have.