My 37 got smoked by a Hyundai SUV (question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have gotten to be uncomfortable in your dress, try the link below. I saw these guys on Shark Tank the other night. You can even get a matching set for you and your significant other. Nothing says, "I'm a real man" like a onesie. https://romperjack.com/collections/shop-now/products/the-nautical-pre-order

View attachment 339007
I like that look! It projects a nice balance of manliness and sensitivity. Give that guy a Raptor and he couldn't even go to the mall without being mobbed by hotties. It could even be life threatening.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2018 full cobb goose tune. I thought it was pre quick for a truck . Now have the 2021 37package. Its def not slow and will spin the tires from a 20mph roll. I def think the thread starter had issues with his truck. Btw I run mine on 93 so not sure how much that matters

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, while entering the highway, a younger dude in a little hyundai SUV tried to overtake me and my 37 on the entrance ramp to I-70. I floored it (in sport mode) and he flipped me the bird as he easily overtook me (I guess I had that coming LOL).

Then this week I dropped off my truck for a warranty engine knock sensor replacement. They said it was a bad factory part, that the engine was fine. They gave me a loaner--a Ford F-150 XLT with the same 3.5L ecoboost engine. This loaner has 31 inch tires. I noticed that it is REMARAKBLY faster in acceleration than my 37. This loaner would smoke my 37 in a drag race. I am sure some of this has to do with tire size, but am concerned that there may be other issues.

Any comments? For you others who have a 37, what's your experience with acceleration?
Here is what you should be doing with your 37's :)

inkedraptor

Reaction score
If you want faster acceleration and track performance the 35 Raptor is the way to go. They label it “37 performance package” when there really is no performance improvements. Ford states themselves that the 37s are for slower speed trails/rock climbing, and the 35s are for high higher speed/performance. 37’s really affect the trucks performance no matter how light the tire/rim combo is, the increased diameter/circumference just kills it. 37 package is just for looks imo, 35 should be called the performance package.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score
I'm not too impressed with my '21 Raptor 35 off the start. Especially coming from a '19 F150 Limited with the 3.5 high output engine. Which is the same as the Raptor. It took on and vanquished all comers.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably more likely an even swap at best.
Not true. A Brand New Base TRX is bellow 70k and a 37 Raptor is an easy 85k+ even if used

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading the 10 pages of this thread I believe I am going to order a NAWSE system with a 20lb bottle; it may in fact blow a hole in the thermoplastic intake manifold.