My 37 got smoked by a Hyundai SUV (question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_P

Reaction score
Wow. The new XLT F-150 have a 3.5L Ecoboost but it is definitely not the same 3.5L HO TT found on the Raptor. An XLT should not be faster than your Raptor. As for the Hyundai it’s hard to say. The Raptor fanboy inside of me wants to say no Hyundai is faster than a Raptor but the reality is that the Raptor is although a very fast and capable truck in stock form, it is also a very big and heavy truck. It doesn’t take much to make a small Hyundai SUV pretty quick. Hope this helps.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s crazy normal cars have like 6 second 0-60s now, those Hyundais are pretty nice. I’m trying to find a new GV70 for my girl - almost as hard as Raptors.

JCU Delt Ox

Reaction score
My '21 Platinum Powerboost was orders of magnitude quicker than my raptor. Just something you're going to have to live with.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never expecting a Raptor to be fast, but "quick" for sure. But I do know big truck will always win the highway lane change game.... You start inching over and that little Hyundai or whatever little car has no choice. In that respect, i do get feeling of sitting tall and mighty :)

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me happy I'm ordering a 35. I like the look of the 37" tires, but I was worried they'd hurt street acceleration. The honest truth is that there's not much wide open off-roading to be done in New Hampshire, so my Gen 2 only saw real off-roading a few times. With a Cobb tune it was faster than turbo Subarus and Focus RSs that tried to show me something. Hope Cobb hurries up with a Gen 3 tune.