MY 23 AG Built 11/1/22 - Just received 5th eta shipping email...who's with me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Again - for me it's a trade off of time/money. The experience of ordering at MSRP and then being strung along with an endless number of missed ETAs - all with no explanation or remedy - for me there is a price tag/value that can be put on that. So as I saw it - by holding out for this truck at MSRP, I was actually STILL paying over MSRP, but I was doing it with my time and sanity and not necessarily with my dollars. Dollars I can earn more of. Time and sanity are limited resources. In my case - very limited lol.

I called a local dealer who had a truck that I wanted on their website at $15k over. Told him I lived 1 mile away and if they were willing to be reasonable, I would come talk in person. I showed up, offered $1k over, and we ultimately settled at $2500 over, but they included ford hard rolling tonneau cover, bed divider, and wheel locks. They also gave me $500 more than any other dealer was willing to give me on my trade.

Did I get ripped off? Yea... maybe. But I think a good deal is defined as when both parties feel like they got something they wanted. Dealer got a little ADM on a very nice truck, and a new loyal, local customer; I got my truck and the freedom to stop checking the Ford tracker. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck everyone. As I said before, the truck is sweet and totally worth it - whatever "it" is for you.

OP
OP
sfreedom97

sfreedom97

Reaction score
Again - for me it's a trade off of time/money. The experience of ordering at MSRP and then being strung along with an endless number of missed ETAs - all with no explanation or remedy - for me there is a price tag/value that can be put on that. So as I saw it - by holding out for this truck at MSRP, I was actually STILL paying over MSRP, but I was doing it with my time and sanity and not necessarily with my dollars. Dollars I can earn more of. Time and sanity are limited resources. In my case - very limited lol.

I called a local dealer who had a truck that I wanted on their website at $15k over. Told him I lived 1 mile away and if they were willing to be reasonable, I would come talk in person. I showed up, offered $1k over, and we ultimately settled at $2500 over, but they included ford hard rolling tonneau cover, bed divider, and wheel locks. They also gave me $500 more than any other dealer was willing to give me on my trade.

Did I get ripped off? Yea... maybe. But I think a good deal is defined as when both parties feel like they got something they wanted. Dealer got a little ADM on a very nice truck, and a new loyal, local customer; I got my truck and the freedom to stop checking the Ford tracker. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck everyone. As I said before, the truck is sweet and totally worth it - whatever "it" is for you.
Man, you just struck a chord with me and what you just shared here. That's a helluva testimonial which makes so much sense.

Now if I only had a dealer 1 mile away willing to come down that far for a truck I would buy!!! Ha!

Happy you're finally happy, brother!

BLADErunner

Reaction score
Like many I'm in the same boat. My blend date was 10/26 and was shipped on 10/29. I'm on my 6th ETA now at 1/31-2/6. I got a little excited when one of my ETA's went from 1/17-23 to 1/9-15. Of course that came and went. One day I call Ford Marketing and they tell me my truck is on a hold. The next day I call and they don't see a hold. My dealer doesn't know anything, however, I asked them to have the GM inquire about the status and hold up of my truck. Dealer said that's been done and now just waiting word back. I have a feeling I'll hear back about the status of my email about the same time my truck hits the dealer; never.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I live next to 3 military bases. I gotta find a dealer outside of 200 miles that will play fair. I spent 21 years in the army and even though combat deployment pay is largely over, these guys still want to take you to the cleaners. My closest dealer is still playing the $20k over game.

I got what I wanted after the struggle for over a year but still paid a little over, did not get extras, and fleeced a little on my trade. But like you said, I’m not waiting for MSRP increases, travel, and I get my time back. Arguably my greatest gain…my wife no longer ******* about her knees hitting my Tacoma glovebox.

An old army buddy is now a maintenance supervisor at another close Ford and although they may never get me for a sale, at least I know any service is gonna be on point.

Nohowtoplz

Reaction score

No rip off here. Not close. $2500? Some people lose that much undervaluing their trucks on trades.