My 2023 rolled order just got scheduled for 10/17/22. 37 package, Avalanche Grey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP here, still no movement on mine. Tracker shows in production. Dealer looked on their system that shows gps location by vin and it’s still at DTP. Ford chat says no holds.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez brag about it Matt LOL
Was the tracker ever accurate for you?
It was "accurate" to a point. It let me know I was in production, when it was built, shipped, and arrived. VinView (which the dealers have) sent me more accurate information once they signed me up for it via text message.

The gaps in between are the difference. There are huge periods with no information, with little to no clarity, and Ford has no idea what's going on. They were sometimes a week off, if not more.

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was "accurate" to a point. It let me know I was in production, when it was built, shipped, and arrived. VinView (which the dealers have) sent me more accurate information once they signed me up for it via text message.

The gaps in between are the difference. There are huge periods with no information, with little to no clarity, and Ford has no idea what's going on. They were sometimes a week off, if not more.
Appreciate the VinView name drop, it's amazing how much it seems I'm having to educate my dealer...or they are playing dumb.
Did you get the truck? I'm on my 3rd ETA this month with tomorrow being the most recent. Would be great to hear a success story.

Thanks

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the VinView name drop, it's amazing how much it seems I'm having to educate my dealer...or they are playing dumb.
Did you get the truck? I'm on my 3rd ETA this month with tomorrow being the most recent. Would be great to hear a success story.

Thanks
I went through 8 ETAs. It ended up arriving after the last one, but I would assume that if I contacted Ford they would have updated with a later ETA for my 9th. Supposedly some dealers don't know about VinView or at least how to sign you up for text updates.

Unfortunately, the used truck prices have dropped like a rock. My initial buyer backed out after two weeks of waiting. Next, I found a small local used car dealer that was very excited to buy it for a decent price and willing to do the courtesy trade. Two weeks later, they claimed that the market dropped so bad that they weren't even interested in it at 2k less and that their entire lot was close to being in the red.

OP
OP
F

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me last week I'm on a "quality hold". They assume it's due to a recall but sounds concerning to me. Anyone have any insight into what it could entail?

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me last week I'm on a "quality hold". They assume it's due to a recall but sounds concerning to me. Anyone have any insight into what it could entail?
There was a B&O issue. I just got my 23 and it has a pretty bad rattle at idle. Those would be my only two thoughts

NMFB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a B&O issue. I just got my 23 and it has a pretty bad rattle at idle. Those would be my only two thoughts
Mine rattled for about 50 miles after stepping on it on a few times on quick trip to Austin. Then the next time I drove it the engine shake went away.