My 2023 rolled order just got scheduled for 10/17/22. 37 package, Avalanche Grey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my one 2023 Code Orange 37" didn't get picked up by the dealer but they have one coming in January that is Avalanche - on the ford website it looks almost like an off white - not sure how to tell what it really looks like, what other colors does Avalanche resemble?

Just going to leave these here i’m sure the decision will be easy after seeing these

Attachments

• B2EC8835-9F66-47AF-9503-AD260105C023.jpeg
    B2EC8835-9F66-47AF-9503-AD260105C023.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 52B1F29C-C386-4FED-87C8-35A53E273326.jpeg
    52B1F29C-C386-4FED-87C8-35A53E273326.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 87

Atlanta Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my one 2023 Code Orange 37" didn't get picked up by the dealer but they have one coming in January that is Avalanche - on the ford website it looks almost like an off white - not sure how to tell what it really looks like, what other colors does Avalanche resemble?
You can also look up the Shelby GT350's they have Avalanche as well.
MY23 converted order is Avalanche - Ordered since OCT 22, produced Oct 31, Original delivery date 11/19...last week dealer told me its on chip hold, "it'll get here when it gets here" . Not holding my breath.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only question that matters is....does your dealer have an allocation for your truck?

For example, I had an order with a guaranteed allocation at a small dealer and an order without a guaranteed allocation at a huge dealer. Small dealer with allocation was picked and already shipped. No word on the large dealer order without.
I wonder why some dealers get allocations before others. When ive called around, some dealers have already gotten their allocations and are spoken for, and others say they havent even gotten theirs yet.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why some dealers get allocations before others. When ive called around, some dealers have already gotten their allocations and are spoken for, and others say they havent even gotten theirs yet.
I read a post on it the other day. It’s based on their previous sales, the location/area, and some other magic.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it really is mostly semantics.... there are kind of two stages of allocations that get grouped into the general conversation around "do i have an allocation?"
Part 1) at the beginning of the 23 model year order period ford told every dealer "here is how many retail raptors we are going to (try to) build for you"
Part 2) Ford calls the dealer and says "hi, one (or more) of those trucks we said we are going to build, we are officially granting the allocation, let us know what should we build for you, if its a clean order we will try to build it as soon as we can"

Most dealers treat part 1 as the number of allocations they have and take retail orders to that number or over, the good ones will at least tell you where you fit in line and if you are in the group of trucks ford told them they should get.
Some dealers only treat part 2 as an actual allocation, basically looking at fords promise in part 1 as vaporware until ford actually calls them and says we will build you a truck. It wont hurt them to put a COVP order in the system so when the allocation pops up it can get picked and scheduled as soon as ford can

My dealer fit into part 2, i got a short monolog about what happened in 22, but I was #1 on their list. I also will endorse finding a smaller overall ford dealer that does a decent F150 business supporting trades or whatever. Better chance of 1) getting raptors due to f150 volume 2) being better on pricing as they are mostly transactional in strategy

there does exist the possibility that some dealers are getting 0 raptors in 23, i doubt that, but it has been mentioned once or twice

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds like they did not get a 23 allocation. probably already making a list for there 2 2024 R allocations. such a weird formula my dealer got 1 r and 0 v6 allocation’s for 23. attached is the secret formula

Attachments

• 44EB5163-017C-4892-947B-C9BDA8AF4974.png
    44EB5163-017C-4892-947B-C9BDA8AF4974.png
    875 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read a post on it the other day. It’s based on their previous sales, the location/area, and some other magic.

it really is mostly semantics.... there are kind of two stages of allocations that get grouped into the general conversation around "do i have an allocation?"
Part 1) at the beginning of the 23 model year order period ford told every dealer "here is how many retail raptors we are going to (try to) build for you"
Part 2) Ford calls the dealer and says "hi, one (or more) of those trucks we said we are going to build, we are officially granting the allocation, let us know what should we build for you, if its a clean order we will try to build it as soon as we can"

Most dealers treat part 1 as the number of allocations they have and take retail orders to that number or over, the good ones will at least tell you where you fit in line and if you are in the group of trucks ford told them they should get.
Some dealers only treat part 2 as an actual allocation, basically looking at fords promise in part 1 as vaporware until ford actually calls them and says we will build you a truck. It wont hurt them to put a COVP order in the system so when the allocation pops up it can get picked and scheduled as soon as ford can

My dealer fit into part 2, i got a short monolog about what happened in 22, but I was #1 on their list. I also will endorse finding a smaller overall ford dealer that does a decent F150 business supporting trades or whatever. Better chance of 1) getting raptors due to f150 volume 2) being better on pricing as they are mostly transactional in strategy

there does exist the possibility that some dealers are getting 0 raptors in 23, i doubt that, but it has been mentioned once or twice

Sounds like they did not get a 23 allocation. probably already making a list for there 2 2024 R allocations. such a weird formula my dealer got 1 r and 0 v6 allocation’s for 23. attached is the secret formula
My dealer has gotten their bronco raptor and raptor R allocations months ago and already sold them, but for some reason they havent gotten their 23 (regular) raptor allocations yet and they wont let anyone order untill they do. All the smaller dealers around gere have already gotten theirs, but for some resson this larger dealer hasent. Im not in a big hurry, and they said no adms. Im supposed to be top of the list to call, so iguess ill wait it out. Doesnt make sense.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has gotten their bronco raptor and raptor R allocations months ago and already sold them, but for some reason they havent gotten their 23 (regular) raptor allocations yet and they wont let anyone order untill they do. All the smaller dealers around gere have already gotten theirs, but for some resson this larger dealer hasent. Im not in a big hurry, and they said no adms. Im supposed to be top of the list to call, so iguess ill wait it out. Doesnt make sense.
look at the attached formula above your dear should have got this email months ago letting them know how many R’s and eco raps they were getting. most that got r’s did not get many ecos from what i have heard

Last edited: