My 2023 RaptorR order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always been curious how my truck would compare vs a Tesla non plaid of course.

Well in last week got to find out vs 2 different ones. Lets just say the results were NOT in favor of both teslas. Today a friend stopped by that had not driven truck with current setup.
Him behind wheel i was telling him story about a prior tesla encounter and while telling we see this tesla pull from side road behind us. And of course they got on it pretty hard and were on our tail. Couple probably mid 50’s. Mile later there was a long passing zone and as they pulled out to pass friend says should i? I nodded. 45-110 came pretty quickly and i was thinking truck didn’t drop many gears from 9th. After run friend says “oh i was not close to floor only stepped on it hard enough to stay ahead”

He said in mirror the guy just thru up his arms like what just happened then gave thumbs up.

Next stoplight 3-4 miles ahead i hopped out to see what they had to say. They were both laughing hysterically. Asking what was up with that thing. I then said 57 yr old truck with a 6 cyl and that was part throttle! Light turned green i ran back to truck. We made it thru light but a couple cars got left there.

Both teslas had the Dual Motor with line below indicating Performance

Looking it up they run 11.50 to 11:80 around 112-114 mph in 1/4 mi.

Makes me want to take truck to track now..

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always been curious how my truck would compare vs a Tesla non plaid of course.

Well in last week got to find out vs 2 different ones. Lets just say the results were NOT in favor of both teslas. Today a friend stopped by that had not driven truck with current setup.
Him behind wheel i was telling him story about a prior tesla encounter and while telling we see this tesla pull from side road behind us. And of course they got on it pretty hard and were on our tail. Couple probably mid 50’s. Mile later there was a long passing zone and as they pulled out to pass friend says should i? I nodded. 45-110 came pretty quickly and i was thinking truck didn’t drop many gears from 9th. After run friend says “oh i was not close to floor only stepped on it hard enough to stay ahead”

He said in mirror the guy just thru up his arms like what just happened then gave thumbs up.

Next stoplight 3-4 miles ahead i hopped out to see what they had to say. They were both laughing hysterically. Asking what was up with that thing. I then said 57 yr old truck with a 6 cyl and that was part throttle! Light turned green i ran back to truck. We made it thru light but a couple cars got left there.

Both teslas had the Dual Motor with line below indicating Performance

Looking it up they run 11.50 to 11:80 around 112-114 mph in 1/4 mi.

Makes me want to take truck to track now..
I would, why not.

I thought my Lightning is fast with a 4.0ish 0-60. If your truck is beating dual motor S or 3 at 3.2ish, I can’t imagine what it would run. Nuts