My 2023 RaptorR order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ready for my R! Check for the '66 showed today!
Perfect timing if my R build is week of May 15th as currently scheduled. Built then shipped right away.
Or am I really dreaming . . .
It started out as a dream way back in 2019 when Ford's Jim Owens said yep there will be a V8 Raptor.
That day I showed mention to my dealer and said put me on the list. It's been a really long wait and am sure it will be worth it!

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call into F-P each week and also do Ford chat. Yesterday i was told no holds on R at least base no roof/gate or accessories.
It was updated in April & May but all pulled back shows last update 3/29/23
F-P says showing week of 6/19 build.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry sir. Keep your chin up.
10 months today!
trying but the uknowns for that many months has taken a toll.
Ford and F-P really don't seem to care
Such a exciting order with such anticipation.
100+ yrs in business one would think ford would have a grip on how to build a truck in a timely manner.

It would be nice to know one way or another. Just a bit of T R U T H would not hurt.
I have no choice but to keep waiting. I sold the F100R to make it happen so not giving up but ford wonders why they cannot keep customers.

Ford quality control seems to be at a all time low. Starts at the top. Get rid of the guy . .

At least my F250 order was much better. Ordered 4/11 vin 4/13 built 5/1 shipped 5/15 but now it's stuck in a railyard in Gibson, Indiana. Should move soon and head towards PHX
I just need to get busy working on my other truck projects and stay off the internet until the dealer calls to say come pick it up . .

Ditchdigger

Reaction score
I've got the only allotment my dealer is getting, very similar situation as yours with dealer relationship and I even have Code Orange ordered as well. I still have no VIN and have talked with chat, ford, and lately Ford Performance. All I want is the truth of whats going on with my order. I think they at least owe us that.

OP
OP

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the only allotment my dealer is getting, very similar situation as yours with dealer relationship and I even have Code Orange ordered as well. I still have no VIN and have talked with chat, ford, and lately Ford Performance. All I want is the truth of whats going on with my order. I think they at least owe us that.
I was #3 of 6 allocations at my dealer. The 1st 2 were delivered late last year.
Nothing happened on mine until my dealer told zone rep they needed truck. Same day it was changed to priority 1. Then after that things started to roll. Scheduled first in April then May. Then of course the Quality control issues hit on most ford vehicle lines.

Not much one can do but wait for ford to pick up order.

See if dealer can contact rep to change to priority 1. Then hope for best.

I am trying to not think about mine much and trying to relax for next 3 weeks to wait for update. Thinking this round will be it and hoping for sent to plant with actual build date.