MY 2023 Raptor R Production Estimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of just picking up a normal gen 3.
My gen 2’s turbos decided to stop working last night, and I’m 500 miles away from home. I don’t think I can wait 7 years for the R

Sick and tired of this truck having issues… I hope I just got a bad one.

New transmission this year
New motor & turbos this year
Now something wrong with turbos

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are readily available due to the ridiculous markup. So fd up!

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gen 2’s turbos decided to stop working last night, and I’m 500 miles away from home. I don’t think I can wait 7 years for the R

Dude, sorry to hear that. I'm nervous now..I tought that my 2017 Super Cab gen 2 with 43,000 miles was bulletproof after I replaced the transmission steering rack, front iwes, and all the normal bs.. mine has 10,000 miles with no issues. Please tell me that I'm not going to continue to have mechanical problems with my baby.. do you think that these trucks are lemons? I used to think so, and now I'm questioning my comfort level. I just ordered a grip of suspension stuff. Maby a v8 swap takes care of the drama? Any input is greatly appreciated..
I do drive the thing in the desert BTW

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not believe a single thing coming out of the joke ford authority. bunch of wanna be "reporters"
I highly doubt it will be anywhere near 30%

A local dealer is currently showing 16 Regular 2023 Raptors but only 3 Raptor R's being built as of today.

My guess is this dealer has allocation of 8 Raptor R's

Obviously all orders being built with VIN's at this point. I will ask the GM how many they will be getting total of each.

Good friend of 45+ yrs is manager at a medium size dealer in small city. They are getting 9 Reg Raptors and only 2 R models.

Ratio of Regular vs R being 30% is way off actual from the joke ford no authority.

The number given by FP was 2394 R's for MY2023
That is number I will go with until FP says different. That was in memo in writing. If they change number ok but until then . .

Right now in Phoenix Metro area the number of R's 4.
60 Regular Raptors and only 4 R versions.
Or 6.25% R's

Current R colors
Black 1
Carbon 1
Avalanche 1
White 1
Just received confirmation from Ford that my Raptor R was built and should be arriving at my dealer between January 20, 2023 an‍d January 26, 2023.

Color: Oxford White

Happy New Year!!!

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, sorry to hear that. I'm nervous now..I tought that my 2017 Super Cab gen 2 with 43,000 miles was bulletproof after I replaced the transmission steering rack, front iwes, and all the normal bs.. mine has 10,000 miles with no issues. Please tell me that I'm not going to continue to have mechanical problems with my baby.. do you think that these trucks are lemons? I used to think so, and now I'm questioning my comfort level. I just ordered a grip of suspension stuff. Maby a v8 swap takes care of the drama? Any input is greatly appreciated..
I do drive the thing in the desert BTW
Tbh regardless if I continue to have issues with these trucks, I will not hesitate on purchasing another. I’ve owned a fair share of different truck/cars and the raptor is by far my favorite. Comfort, roomy, quick, you can beat the shit out of it on the dirt and still drive home.

As far as issues, if you replaced all that stuff by now I would assume that the thing wouldn’t need much work for awhile. Maybe we just got unlucky ? Idk.

Forgiven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all these delays 2023 raptor R production numbers have to be cut in half right?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score

i think you got a bad one. i have 91k on my 19 and going strong. currently knocking on wood too.. lol

benbachh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my self diagnosis was terrible, ended up being a loose intercooler tube. Dealer charged me 500 bucks to find the problem and fix it.

Ended up selling it for 55k and just picked up an azure gen 3

Attachments

• F66BF636-E2CE-4BD1-823F-299DB884A3CA.jpeg
    F66BF636-E2CE-4BD1-823F-299DB884A3CA.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 18