MY 2023 Raptor R Production Estimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford said around 2300 a year. Since the motor is hand built, that's all they are capable of building per year.
wonder what the real number is now ( assuming maybe the real number is only half 1400 units) considering the oil leak issue

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to F-P yesterday.
I asked them if they had a total number of '23 R's for year he would not answer. Since F-P has always given out certifications of authenticity I asked him if I could get one for my truck when built. He said: "Oh, we usually give them out but it will be a year or so before we do that" Which means they do not want anyone to know the plans.
I then asked if there would be a R for '24 and he said he has not heard any announcement of that yet.

Then back to my build which has not changed on tracking since March but if one calls in or goes to chat it has changed multiple times. Mine still for Week of June 19th.
Did say the earliest one he is aware of for Job2 is week of June 5th said he has been following that truck for someone who has called in.
F-P and FoMoCO have zero interest in keeping those of us waiting for build, VIN or already built not shipped.

I decided to try to relax and see if anything happens week of June 19th on my truck. Been waiting like 3 1/2 yrs since first announced and I was first on list at my quite large dealer. (6 R's for '23)

Cocles

Reaction score
I decided to try to relax and see if anything happens week of June 19th on my truck. Been waiting like 3 1/2 yrs since first announced and I was first on list at my quite large dealer. (6 R's for '23)
Wait, weren't you third on the list at your dealer? I don't mean to pull an "actually". My point is, you're obviously frustrated with that wait, but shouldn't we keep in mind that the reason you've had to wait this long is #1 and #2 had to be completed first, which has shoved your order all the way down to the current batch about to made.

Those who currently have their R were the ones who actually did get the #1 allocation at their dealership. Sure you're having to wait a lot longer, but you're also paying *a lot* less than virtually everyone else.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, weren't you third on the list at your dealer? I don't mean to pull an "actually". My point is, you're obviously frustrated with that wait, but shouldn't we keep in mind that the reason you've had to wait this long is #1 and #2 had to be completed first, which has shoved your order all the way down to the current batch about to made.

Those who currently have their R were the ones who actually did get the #1 allocation at their dealership. Sure you're having to wait a lot longer, but you're also paying *a lot* less than virtually everyone else.
The first 2 R's at my dealer were delivered long ago. Both very early builds.
Mine will get here when it gets here. At this point I will check on 5/29 to see status. Last update shown was 3/29
When changes are made it's no longer being updated on the tracker.

At least it will be a job2 build and hopefully any issues will be taken care of.

I started on 2 Huge projects in the backyard hobby shop to keep me busy until I hear different from my dealer.

Frustrating as I ordered a new F250 6.7 HO April 11, and it was built on May 1st and released for shipment same day. It will most likely show at dealer before the tracker is updated.
I heard from a engineer yesterday that at least the 250's are getting 3 more hours per truck on assy line to help control quality. At least KY plant #2

As far as the R goes the excitement for now is pretty much gone. Too long of a wait. Maybe that will return once it's in the driveway.