My 2023 37 is here but…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope not even close.
“Somehow I survive for almost 40 years without heated steering wheel at any of my cars.... “

You’re either “almost 40” or you’ve been driving for almost 40 years which makes you 55. Either way the only person who believes your comment is the guy in the mirror and he might think you’ll full of it too.

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny (probably a lie), but can ford just install a heated steering wheel? Or does the VIN show that it does or does not have a heated steering wheel?

Does the VIN tell all even the deep detailed options?
I recently purchased a 23 and they mentioned the wheel wasn’t able to be added after the fact. If anyone else knows otherwise I’d be interested to hear.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 23 and they mentioned the wheel wasn’t able to be added after the fact. If anyone else knows otherwise I’d be interested to hear.
What they meant was ford would not be doing it for no cost…. Nor would ford guarantee they would do it as an official after sale package.

it most definitely can. if you check out the heated wheel thread, it looks like all that should be needed is a new clock spring with the heating pins, either 1) enabling the soft button or 2)installing a new hvac panel, and forescan

while not fully confirmed it looks like those opening up their 23s are finding the correct steering wheel with heating element and wiring harnesses. But those may be additional parts needed

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
That's nice of Ford.
"Here's your $110,000 Super Truck. By the way, we're keeping your heated steering wheel."

BMW turned their heated seats into a subscription service. Think I heard Tesla can add 100 extra "horsepower" via subscription service.

While not the same as a full delete, I would think those are worse. Because you actually have them, but can't use them without more money.

Just pointing out that every brand has issues.