My 2023 37 is here but…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
thats what gloves are for. or maybe use the remote start and let it warm up for the ten minutes. heck you can use the app and start it from anywhere. you'll never miss it. but then again I am in construction and cold hands in the winter are normal. I forget to put mine on all the time. the only time it'll go on is if I remote start it but usually I just go out in the morning and manual start and let it warm up while I am gathering tools and swapping out the ones I do and don't need.. seriously I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. now heated seats are a different situation. those I love.
Ford should send all you a pair of FP gloves with the point of the index finger cut off so you can still use the touch screen.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford should send all you a pair of FP gloves with the point of the index finger cut off so you can still use the touch screen.
Thats actually a brilliant idea. I like the way you think. Maybe a little more than $140 of the price and throw in the gloves. Too bad neither are likely. all seriousness I do get it. BS. if it could be avoided it would be.

Reaction score
My 22 has been In Production since October 22nd, on chip hold. How did you find on which part they're waiting on? And how do you know about a Monday install?
Call Ford Marketing, they have the best, most up-to-date information, which is updated 3 times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have resolved to calling on Friday mornings and forgetting about it otherwise.

Ford Marketing phone number is 1 (800) 334-4375. Hit #1 at the prompt and ask for the status on your build. Have your VIN # ready.

They can pinpoint the exact location, even throughout shipping.

They told me I’m on “chip hold” (code for anything missing) with a resolution date of 12/19. I’ve never had a resolution date before, so I’m optimistic that whatever it is they need is in.

And I’m just guessing as to the heated steering wheel. My window sticker doesn’t say “delete” but it was built 10/05, one of the last weeks for MY ‘22 and was around the same time of the dreaded “no heated steering wheel” announcement.

The status changed to “built” for a few days around 11/22 and I got a shipping date window, then it mysteriously went back to “in production” and has been there ever since. They may have picked up something in QC too that was backordered, who knows?

Good Luck!!

Corpsefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but my heated steering wheel is the equivalent of an old man wheezing onto it for 30 seconds... you're not missing much lol
I feel that depends on how cold your hands are. If there already warm probably not really helpful but if it's cold as shit that grandpa breathe is going to feel good.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but my heated steering wheel is the equivalent of an old man wheezing onto it for 30 seconds... you're not missing much lol
so true my 21 heated wheel is probably the worst heated steering wheel i have ever had lol you are not missing much without it i promise. it gets luke warm for about 20 minutes then feels like it turns off then i have to push the button off then back on for 20min then repeat….

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so true my 21 heated wheel is probably the worst heated steering wheel i have ever had lol you are not missing much without it i promise. it gets luke warm for about 20 minutes then feels like it turns off then i have to push the button off then back on for 20min then repeat….
I'll have to try cycling it! I never thought to do that considering the light doesn't turn off.