My 2023 37 is here but…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Been talked about often on here for months. That is a really nice truck. Get some gloves and go enjoy that thing. Heated steering wheel is not coming back any time soon. Others have talked about a 1,000$ retrofit if you really must have it.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Not trying to be funny (probably a lie), but can ford just install a heated steering wheel? Or does the VIN show that it does or does not have a heated steering wheel?

Does the VIN tell all even the deep detailed options?
I believe VIN only goes as far as color. Definitely not options.

edit: Nevermind, I went and looked. Color is not included.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they didn't tell you about the heated steering wheel delete, then I would make them retrofit it with Ford parts. Make a big enough stink and I think they would acquiesce. But... it's deleted because those parts are not available. So it might be a while. And ordering another truck will most likely also not have a heated steering wheel option. And it might take a year to get another truck.

Reaction score
Been waiting on my ‘22 to be finished for almost 3 months now. Guess what we’re waiting on?

The heated steering wheel!

Supposed to be installed on Monday - here’s to hoping!

For the record, that Iconic 37 looks badass, I would switch to that color scheme in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I would take it and drive it too, but definitely play up the lack of communication about the delete.

Mine mysteriously had the factory spray-in bedliner fall off the build. It just isn’t on the window sticker anywhere…

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of a '23 without heated steering wheel and don't regret it at all. Where I live it's sub 32*F for 4-5 months out of the year and often doesn't get above 20*F 2 months out of the year. Hardly notice it's missing in all honesty. First truck without it in I don't know, 15 years?

ATXraptor75

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 23 37PP thats about to land has the same lack of heated wheel, but I'm in TX so not a game changer for me... will miss though from having in my 17.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the heated wheel i think for those who are ok accepting and didnt cancel our 23 orders we just had to make peace with it.
I am in the bucket of disappointed and annoyed but justtt not enough to not want the truck. but my truck will live in an attached garage and rarely be parked outside for long periods in the winter. Those 20-30 days where its parked somewhere outside below freezing i will be cursing fords supply chain team for sure!
I am also approaching as a <10% chance ford puts together a sanctioned retrofit kit, and 20% chance aftermarket solves it with a replacement wheel + forescan kit it in an easily repeatable way

Been waiting on my ‘22 to be finished for almost 3 months now. Guess what we’re waiting on?

For the record, that Iconic 37 looks badass, I would switch to that color scheme in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I would take it and drive it too, but definitely play up the lack of communication about the delete.

Mine mysteriously had the factory spray-in bedliner fall off the build. It just isn’t on the window sticker anywhere…
dealer might have made the call on the bedliner on your behalf after consulting their zone rep. That option has fallen on and off commodity hold for the past year delaying trucks shipping. My dealer recommended i pass on it and just do linex if i wanted the best chance of the truck scheduling and moving as quickly as possible. Obviously there are 100 other issues with fords supply chain right now but i was indifferent and kinda approached as "one less thing to worry about holding it up"

Last edited:

JamesTabletop

Reaction score

My 22 has been In Production since October 22nd, on chip hold. How did you find on which part they're waiting on? And how do you know about a Monday install?

787Jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, it has a tailgate appliqué! Mine didn’t have that, but steering wheel is warm! Did you get lighted cup holders and a glovebox light too?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats what gloves are for. or maybe use the remote start and let it warm up for the ten minutes. heck you can use the app and start it from anywhere. you'll never miss it. but then again I am in construction and cold hands in the winter are normal. I forget to put mine on all the time. the only time it'll go on is if I remote start it but usually I just go out in the morning and manual start and let it warm up while I am gathering tools and swapping out the ones I do and don't need.. seriously I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it. now heated seats are a different situation. those I love.