My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
How low if you don’t mind me asking? High mileage? My 2019 trade in offers were both low 60’s at 52k miles but then again those were dealerships with astronomical ADM’s
LOL, my '18 has 102k miles. They offered 41k. High miles is a whole other ball of wax, but I figure it's worth more than that.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, my '18 has 102k miles. They offered 41k. High miles is a whole other ball of wax, but I figure it's worth more than that.
Oh I misread I thought you did trade it in for a low ball. 102k happy miles driven is what matters. 41k… what are you trading in a Tacoma?! I’m sure private party will pay more. Just wait and see. With all these ADM shenanigans used Raptor values are going up.

Attachments

• 59562467-172A-45CD-B486-429B871FDA6A.png
    59562467-172A-45CD-B486-429B871FDA6A.png
    609.1 KB · Views: 13
  • B76C1CD0-C6E6-4138-B499-E34FC65F111D.png
    B76C1CD0-C6E6-4138-B499-E34FC65F111D.png
    618.6 KB · Views: 13

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Oh I misread I thought you did trade it in for a low ball. 102k happy miles driven is what matters. 41k… what are you trading in a Tacoma?! I’m sure private party will pay more. Just wait and see. With all these ADM shenanigans used Raptor values are going up.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. It is getting the cam phasers done as we speak and I have a kick ass ford warranty to 125k miles that will transfer with it.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. It is getting the cam phasers done as we speak and I have a kick ass ford warranty to 125k miles that will transfer with it
Lol I was planning on dumping the service issues on Ford but at this rate she’s going in Monday for a transmission reprogram TSB, front wheels actuator grinding TSB, a post cam phaser replacement rattle, a wastegate rattle at idle, AND a second torn steering wheel airbag cover along with a dead low tone horn. I was clearly overly confident that I would have a Gen 3 by now

broke-janx

Reaction score
He’s still nuts. I got on autotrader and did an “any distance” search of 2022 Raptors. Called a dealer in Texas. They have 3 at MSRP. When I told him I was in Florida the guy said the owner of their dealership has always been loyal to the manufacturer and while they are well aware of the ADM’s at other dealers and states, they have no ADM’s and will honor the MSRP on the window sticker from Ford.

But I have my Gen 2 to trade and tomorrow morning I’ll reach out because I have no idea how that would even work. And if no ADM’s all is well mentality means I’ll get low balled on a trade offer.
Sorry if I missed it but which TX dealer?

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m posting this information to hopefully help anyone else looking for price protection. Right now my price protection hangs in the balance of a dealership that is making me front the money first and tells me there is a 50/50 chance ford would “approve it” and get it back to me to which then they would cut me a check for $2735. In addition they wrote my final bill of sale without subtracting my $1000 deposit and charged me a $500 “admin fee” for registration. I’m sure someone will post a good meme for me on this one. Good dealers are hard to find. I still feel confident the dealer will do the right thing but maybe I’m just remembering the good old days.
Hey man can you send me the pdf for those files.