My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WAR38

Reaction score
Went to pick up mine today, 11/4 order - arrived 7/31, Mine is all F*&%$ up, I tried explaining to the dealer but I cannot get them to see it. New window sticker shows the reduced 801A @4755.00 (1395.00 difference), Base price is up by 5410.00, Carbon fiber was deleted (not by me0, Forged wheels deleted (not by me), should I not get price protection on all of this? Dealer is playing smoke and mirrors with me trying to get me to agree to something other than this. How do I get a number for ford Corporate? I tried ford customer care and that was someone reading me canned responses.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Went to pick up mine today, 11/4 order - arrived 7/31, Mine is all F*&%$ up, I tried explaining to the dealer but I cannot get them to see it. New window sticker shows the reduced 801A @4755.00 (1395.00 difference), Base price is up by 5410.00, Carbon fiber was deleted (not by me0, Forged wheels deleted (not by me), should I not get price protection on all of this? Dealer is playing smoke and mirrors with me trying to get me to agree to something other than this. How do I get a number for ford Corporate? I tried ford customer care and that was someone reading me canned responses.

Same, but not to that extent. I ordered pro-power and it came without it. Price went up about 4g's even though the pro-power was left off the new sticker. They did back out the blue cruise on the sticker though. Dealer said it is what it is, and for me try contacting Ford if you want help. In the big scheme, it's not the end of the world, people are paying 20 over, and god knows what for the R.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take it and and run. Or turn around and sell it to me. I’ve failed for a week straight in trading my Gen 2 for a Gen 3. There’s plenty of 2022’s at dealers all around me. Average price…$101k. Fk that noise

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. I chatted with customer care for an hour and that was about as useful as a sht flavored lollipop.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same, but not to that extent. I ordered pro-power and it came without it. Price went up about 4g's even though the pro-power was left off the new sticker. They did back out the blue cruise on the sticker though. Dealer said it is what it is, and for me try contacting Ford if you want help. In the big scheme, it's not the end of the world, people are paying 20 over, and god knows what for the R.
Contacting Ford did zero for me. I have a 2019 Gen 2. Went to trade in since every dealer around here has 2022’s on their lot. Minimum ADM $15k. So I tried to go through two other dealers to place an order and they flat out told me they wouldn’t do it and to go elsewhere or pick from their inventory. Idk wtf is happening right now behind closed doors. ADM’s are bananas idk who is it is that’s paying $100k+ for Raptors that’s making the dealerships continue to hold these ADM’s and Ford’s hands are tied with doing anything about it despite what the CEO says. I’m guessing it’ll be a while before MSRP isn’t prohibited talk at a stealership

Fordman21

Reaction score
@Gen2Boost $35k ADM- I told a dealer he was nuts, here was his answer…

“We would be in trouble if we based our pricing off of public consumer polls. lol. Our data is paid for and is date & time stamped transactions. We are a top 100 Ford dealer in the country so in turn we are very aware of the market. I wish you the best of luck on your search and will keep you in mind late September if the unit is still here and if you haven't purchased on since then. Have a great week”

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Contacting Ford did zero for me. I have a 2019 Gen 2. Went to trade in since every dealer around here has 2022’s on their lot. Minimum ADM $15k. So I tried to go through two other dealers to place an order and they flat out told me they wouldn’t do it and to go elsewhere or pick from their inventory. Idk wtf is happening right now behind closed doors. ADM’s are bananas idk who is it is that’s paying $100k+ for Raptors that’s making the dealerships continue to hold these ADM’s and Ford’s hands are tied with doing anything about it despite what the CEO says. I’m guessing it’ll be a while before MSRP isn’t prohibited talk at a stealership

Oh, I bought the truck but for current MSRP, not the signed order amount though. Dealer said if I wanted price protected refund, to contact Ford.

They also lowballed me on trading in my '18. I don't blame them for that, I told them what I wanted and the didn't meet it.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Gen2Boost $35k ADM- I told a dealer he was nuts, here was his answer…

“We would be in trouble if we based our pricing off of public consumer polls. lol. Our data is paid for and is date & time stamped transactions. We are a top 100 Ford dealer in the country so in turn we are very aware of the market. I wish you the best of luck on your search and will keep you in mind late September if the unit is still here and if you haven't purchased on since then. Have a great week”
He’s still nuts. I got on autotrader and did an “any distance” search of 2022 Raptors. Called a dealer in Texas. They have 3 at MSRP. When I told him I was in Florida the guy said the owner of their dealership has always been loyal to the manufacturer and while they are well aware of the ADM’s at other dealers and states, they have no ADM’s and will honor the MSRP on the window sticker from Ford.

But I have my Gen 2 to trade and tomorrow morning I’ll reach out because I have no idea how that would even work. And if no ADM’s all is well mentality means I’ll get low balled on a trade offer.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I bought the truck but for current MSRP, not the signed order amount though. Dealer said if I wanted price protected refund, to contact Ford.

They also lowballed me on trading in my '18. I don't blame them for that, I told them what I wanted and the didn't meet it.
How low if you don’t mind me asking? High mileage? My 2019 trade in offers were both low 60’s at 52k miles but then again those were dealerships with astronomical ADM’s