My 2022 is here but not price protected? (another thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not specially talking to you OP but for others here. Knowing other ppls experience on here, I would talk to dealer first about price protection. If they deny it, I would then talk to Ford corporate.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So again I am still waiting the 30-45 days to see if I am price protected, however maybe someone can help me with the numbers since I just can't seem to get this right. What am I missing? Here are all the variables.

Original Order in October Build Sheet signed 10/1 - $74,535 (includes auto start/stop and blue cruise. It was every option but pro power and upgraded wheels. 35" Oxford White)
New Build Sheet that came with truck $77,270 (Blue Cruise not listed on build sheet, $50 for auto start/stop delete)

If you take the difference of the two its a total of $2735

The only refunds I know of are:
December 27th Price Increase $880
February 15th Price Increase $3300
Blue Cruise $1395
Auto Stop/Start $50

Anyone know where I am off on this? I just want to try and follow Fords math. Could it be a difference in the Moonroof Tailgate Package? octbuild.jpg

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct per my napkin math.

Easiest way to think about it is this... the current MSRP ($77,270) already includes the reduction due to blue cruise and auto start-stop.

So if you take your original MSRP of $74,535 and remove the $1,445 (combined price of auto start-stop and blue cruise) from the price you get $73,090. Let's call that your "adjusted OG MSRP."

From there if you add the $880 and the $3,300 price increases to your "adjusted OG MSRP," you end up with $77,270.

So in order for you to properly recoup the difference, you would need to pay $73,090. If you paid the original $74,535 you'd be paying an extra $1,445 for items that are no longer included in your build (Blue Cruise and Auto Start-Stop).

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's correct per my napkin math.

Easiest way to think about it is this... the current MSRP ($77,270) already includes the reduction due to blue cruise and auto start-stop.

So if you take your original MSRP of $74,535 and remove the $1,445 (combined price of auto start-stop and blue cruise) from the price you get $73,090. Let's call that your "adjusted OG MSRP."

From there if you add the $880 and the $3,300 price increases to your "adjusted OG MSRP," you end up with $77,270.

So in order for you to properly recoup the difference, you would need to pay $73,090. If you paid the original $74,535 you'd be paying an extra $1,445 for items that are no longer included in your build (Blue Cruise and Auto Start-Stop).
Yup that was it. Thank you so much.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked with a dealer today about ordering a 2023 Raptor and also a 2023 Bronco Raptor when Banks open . 15k on Raptor 25k on bronco Raptor ADM . Crazy times

JCW55110

Reaction score
There are a lot of dealers that are still selling at MSRP. Mostly family owned dealerships. I have a 22 801a 35” on order along with an email saying they will sell no higher than MSRP. Took mea few weeks of calling around to find it.

The corporate stealerships are just theives that don’t even give the courtesy of handing a free sample of KY for an outrageous ADM.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a lot of dealers that are still selling at MSRP. Mostly family owned dealerships. I have a 22 801a 35” on order along with an email saying they will sell no higher than MSRP. Took mea few weeks of calling around to find it.

The corporate stealerships are just theives that don’t even give the courtesy of handing a free sample of KY for an outrageous ADM.
The problem that exists now is that even the small dealerships are just going by the window sticker that comes from the factory, and that is the new MSRP. In my example between blue cruise and the two price increases is $4100. Which means I technically paid a $4k ADM, and that's not true MSRP when you sign and put a deposit down. It would be different if the signed deposit didn't have a price and just promised an allocation and VIN, but strange times we live in. Next year I bet it's at least $3k more and the base raptor is almost 80k lol

xxxspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid the new window sticker price and then dealer refund me the check for the difference once he said he got approved from FORD, I waited almost 6 weeks for the refund check, but it worked out.