My 19 Screw Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to having a new truck!! I've been lucky with my gen2 so far. My wife's brand new BMW though is different story.

I traded my 2008 650i convertible for the Raptor...I do NOT miss the price tag of replacement parts on that thing one bit.

OP
OP
O

Onboost

Reaction score
So it is going from bad to worse they found the issue the truck had some wiring issues they discovered from when the front fender was removed and painted when the vehicle had 6 miles on it that was never disclosed to me when I purchased the vehicle. This was a dealer traded vehicle from another store and that dealer is who did the work.

What are my options here I am waiting to hear from the GM of the store in the next couple of hours but would like to know my legal options here. I love the truck but I would never have a bought any new vehicle that has had paint rework or fenders removed before purchase. I probably would have discovered this on my own cleaning the truck but since I purchased it the weather has been rainy and windy and snowing so I have not had time to do a real proper detail.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My '17 had a recent dealer visit for the PCM going out; it was a fun drive there, watching all the systems fail.
It started with something so minor...my mirrors wouldn't open, and then the windows wouldn't roll down, the door locks were gone, the seat didn't adjust to my short butt...
Called my sales guy, he asked if I could drive her there. Sure, I like adventure!
One system warning after another on a 25-minute drive into Austin. Last one was TPMS death about 3 minutes out.

Upside was the service director always makes sure I'm taken care of, so she was done in a few days (complete with carpet recall), and I had a truck to drive around (and consent to throw deer in the back). Downside was they had to take my entire dash and send it to Ford...all my beautiful stickers just gone. /sniffle

Sounds like a Star Trek TNG episode I watched way back when. Wish I could remember which one.

SlickTrick

Reaction score
So it is going from bad to worse they found the issue the truck had some wiring issues they discovered from when the front fender was removed and painted when the vehicle had 6 miles on it that was never disclosed to me when I purchased the vehicle. This was a dealer traded vehicle from another store and that dealer is who did the work.

What are my options here I am waiting to hear from the GM of the store in the next couple of hours but would like to know my legal options here. I love the truck but I would never have a bought any new vehicle that has had paint rework or fenders removed before purchase. I probably would have discovered this on my own cleaning the truck but since I purchased it the weather has been rainy and windy and snowing so I have not had time to do a real proper detail.
How long have you owned the truck?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

if the truck was sold as ‘new’ I’m not sure. I’m sure there’s variance state to state, but generally the manufacturer isn’t required to disclose punch list items to you; ex. if it gets to the dealer and it’s missing an F150 emblem, dealer adds it. Yours is a little more serious as the manufacturer’s agent effected a repair and now you’re paying the price for it.

it’s still covered under warranty, you’re not on the hook for it.

Not meaning to browbeat you here, and full disclosure 2 new cars ago I overlooked curbed wheel - you should not buy a new vehicle in the dark or inclement weather, for this very reason. You can still walk away from a vehicle that you’re not comfortable buying if you haven’t signed the papers.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Tell them you want an extended warranty. Who knows what other electrical gremlins may show up down the road. Probably none, but who knows.

OP
OP
O

Onboost

Reaction score
Thanks guys truck is less than a month old the dealer that traded with my dealer is who did the work. The work was covered under warranty and was done at 6 miles I am trying to find out exactly what was done. I do know OASIS says remove front fender headlight and fender liner repair and repaint. So to me thats pretty significant. Sales manager said he could trade me out but it will be on my dime so Inam not happy obviously with that choice. I may contact a lawyer.

While I do agree a vehicle should not be picked up at night or bad weather as things like scratches dents etc can be missed and I could be responsible for those items. A $70000 + vehicle or any new vehicle should not be sold with damage and paintwork undisclosed. Especially if it was done at the dealership level. If it wax refinished at the plant I would not be so upset.

That being said the paintwork does look ok but I still feel like I got screwed!

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That honestly doesn’t sound very significant to me. Sounds like a simple paint blemish on the fender that needed repainting and that’s the process required to remove the fender. They just botched up some wires in the process. Something like that wouldn’t be worth the life investment to try and get something out of it, except for maybe an extended warranty like someone suggested.

CurtZX

Reaction score
Frankly what I would do is lean on the dealer and work with them to fix it under warranty, make sure the paint is 1000% to your specs in all lighting conditions and get them to offer you another couple years warranty on the factory. Gives you peace of mind and the dealer will probably treat you right down the road if you keep on good terms. Sometimes it's easier on your sanity to take the easy road with car dealers .