My 19 Screw Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onboost

Reaction score
So I have about 1300 miles on my 19 Screw took it for a short errand this morning and back home without any issue. Parked it in the driveway about an hour later I went to go out and truck would not start no click nothing, headlights radio everything works. Various faults were showing up on the cluster cant remember all of them but 1 was for 4x4 not possible, active cruise control etc.

Had it towed and am awaiting to hear back from dealership on Monday, anybody have any idea or encounter this? Battery is not the issue

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
App shows no issue because the truck isn't communicating with it. Could be a faulty ECM. Please keep us posted.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Took my 2018 to the dealer to get a fender adjusted because it was making contact with the driver door when opening and closing the door. When they were done with the truck they could not start it back up. It would crank but no ignition. Ended up being a bad PCM and stayed there for 5 weeks until Ford finally sent them a new PCM. I was thankful it happened AT the dealer while they were the ones working on it. There was zero change I could be blamed for it.

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could just be a fuse, my truck popped a fuse and the radio work but no click at all, no communication between modules either. They had me scared and then come back with just a blown fuse.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to having a new truck!! I've been lucky with my gen2 so far. My wife's brand new BMW though is different story.

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '17 had a recent dealer visit for the PCM going out; it was a fun drive there, watching all the systems fail.
It started with something so minor...my mirrors wouldn't open, and then the windows wouldn't roll down, the door locks were gone, the seat didn't adjust to my short butt...
Called my sales guy, he asked if I could drive her there. Sure, I like adventure!
One system warning after another on a 25-minute drive into Austin. Last one was TPMS death about 3 minutes out.

Upside was the service director always makes sure I'm taken care of, so she was done in a few days (complete with carpet recall), and I had a truck to drive around (and consent to throw deer in the back). Downside was they had to take my entire dash and send it to Ford...all my beautiful stickers just gone. /sniffle