My '13 Blue Screw just came in yesterday, but with wrong options...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Sorry about the mix up, we would have felt the same. Good luck with whatever happens from here.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you check your window sticker? if you had caught the mistake early then they would have built you another one with priority 1. I know 2 guys who caught a mistake in the window sticker and Ford built them a new truck with only 1 week extra wait time.

I special ordered a '13 Blue Screw back in December. It came in yesterday, but with the wrong options. Some type of mix up with order apparently. Bummer for me, good news for someone else perhaps?

- Blue Flame
- Black Interior
- 801A
- Bed Extender
- Tailgate Step
- Front & Rear Camera

Contact Andy at Silver Creek if interested:

Andy Sheehan
Silver Creek Ford
920 S. Main St.
Hailey, ID 83333
[email protected]

Good luck,
Jason

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! Always one of my fears when ordering a car. you wait with anticipation for your vehicle and the ******* ordering it ***** it up. I would be livid

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, but I understand about moon roof. I use mine all the time. Hope they work something out with you and give you a damn good deal!

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you read through the thread "Ordering and the System" it says mistakes can be sent back to the factory as a priority 1, which means you'd get it in a week.
But I have a bad feeling this isn't considered a mistake by the factory, since they built what the dealer ordered. But hopefully your dealer can swing that.

It's a win for the dealer too - they now get a Raptor they can sit on their lot and get MSRP.

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a DORA? Is it correct? Did you pull your sticker prior to build and verify?

This should be easy to rectify.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I know 2 guys that discovered on their window sticker that the wrong color was ordered. They both ordered Black but Silver was built. The dealership call Ford to report the issue and Ford wanted proof that the customer def ordered Black and not Silver. The dealership provided the necessary proof via email exchanges between the customers and the salesman. Ford then created 2 new builds with priority 1 and both customers only had an additional week wait. The 2 wrong builds were sent to the dealership anyway.

I actually spoke to the salesman involved and he told me Ford is very strict about build mistakes. It seems they have had dealership with low allotments pull this trick to get additional trucks, and thus they want proof that an honest mistake was made.

The lesson here is that if you ordered a truck then you need to check the DORA and the window sticker to make sure all your options are actually being built. This is a 50K truck and for most a long wait time. So don't trust your dealership and check yourself.

Last edited: